It's all about the drums - LMJ SOI kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Looks like Larry has a Yamaha DTX electronic drum pad next to the rack tom. I look forward to seeing how he's using it.

It's interesting that he's gone with the plain wood finish.

It seems his cymbals are sitting a bit lower than in the past.

1512463_814530521957307_3304626045045268684_n.jpg

It looks liek some of the 360 sparkle kit has been recycled for the E-Stage:

larry%20u2ie%20vancouver%205-14-2015.jpg~original

Does anyone know what Larry is using for a kick drum on the E stage kit? I see a pedal, but no bass drum. Also, it seems like Larry's cymbals drop every tour...[insert sagging joke here]

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Does anyone know what Larry is using for a kick drum on the E stage kit? I see a pedal, but no bass drum. Also, it seems like Larry's cymbals drop every tour...[insert sagging joke here]

The cocktail drum kit. Cocktail kit has basically a longer/deeper tom. The pedals beater is inverted. It strikes the underside of the cocktail kits main tom.

As for the lower cymbals, LMJ has had back issues for years (if memory serves, due to motorcycle accident). So it makes since to have them a bit lower and at easy reach.

The cocktail drum kit. Cocktail kit has basically a longer/deeper tom. The pedals beater is inverted. It strikes the underside of the cocktail kits main tom.

As for the lower cymbals, LMJ has had back issues for years (if memory serves, due to motorcycle accident). So it makes since to have them a bit lower and at easy reach.

Hmm, I've never seen that type of drum before, pretty cool though. When I play drums I set up my cymbals at just a bit below eye level, I used to have them higher, but it's a lot easier to reach them if they're lower.

He's used cocktail kits before - not often. It was used for the Tonight Show performance last year - in a similar set up to what he's using now.

He used a more stripped down cocktail kit - like the pic I posted - for some of the acoustic bits played at the tip of the heart shaped catwalk during the Elevation tour.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

He's used cocktail kits before - not often. It was used for the Tonight Show performance last year - in a similar set up to what he's using now.

He used a more stripped down cocktail kit - like the pic I posted - for some of the acoustic bits played at the tip of the heart shaped catwalk during the Elevation tour.

I couldn't see the bass drum pedal on the Tonight Show. I know on Desire during the Elevation Tour he played a floor tom and a cymbal.

He may not have play the bass part on Invisible (Tonight Show).

At the SOI shows there are 3 setups. A 4th when playing The Troubles.

Main kit
Snare, Toms, cymbals and electric Yamaha DTX PAD (inside the screen for Invisible)
Cocktail kit, few toms, snare, bongos, cowbell, pedal to play bass part on large cocktail tom.

Add a big orchestral bass (played by hand) for The Troubles

Elevation was a cocktail kit for some shows, floor tom for others.

He may not have play the bass part on Invisible (Tonight Show).

At the SOI shows there are 3 setups. A 4th when playing The Troubles.

Main kit
Snare, Toms, cymbals and electric Yamaha DTX PAD (inside the screen for Invisible)
Cocktail kit, few toms, snare, bongos, cowbell, pedal to play bass part on large cocktail tom.

Add a big orchestral bass (played by hand) for The Troubles

Elevation was a cocktail kit for some shows, floor tom for others.

I'm really loving all the different drum sets on this tour. It's cool to see Larry mixing it up. Seeing the Larry play the Troubles kit was super cool.

Hmm, I didn't know he used a cocktail kit on Elevation, I've only ever seen the tom and cymbal combo from the tour DVD's.

Also, I saw some sort of pad next to Larry's tom on the main kit in Vancouver but I wasn't sure I ever saw him use it. Do you know what's it's for?

Back
Top Bottom