Is U2sound.com/ U2sound.de down or no more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hang on. Im looking. I remember skimming over the news about as u2sound is not a website I visit. There has been something written about it in the last few days I swear :huh:

It was not principle management. It was the the main guy running the site, Phaser, was an egotistical, controoling a-hole. He pulled the site and gave some BS reason that he was not into it. I find it odd that he did this AFTER he got blased by everyone on the site for his aweful review of HTDAAB. He said it was a 3 out of 10. He later recanted and said it was a 9 out of 10, blaming his review on bad speakers.

Anyhow, it really is no big loss. The site was more about his ego and posting his poorly played clips of U2. The discussion forum is still being run by M. Smurphy, which is the most useful part of thatsite. There is also the Yahoo group the Mick runs that, IMHO, is the best of the bunch because everyone there is trying to and willing to help eachother.

Chas

I think it was, yeah...
But I'm not sure though.
Here's a part of an email Phaser sent to my swedish U2 friend.

...of course there has been one incident with accelerate this step
now a bid. the website is gone now and not in some months or years for
mainly one reason: i did a gentlemen agreement with dallas + edge (through
dallas!) that the website will be under my hands as long as possible to make
sure no one uses it for any commercial ideas. due to some heavy different
interpretations of my website philosophy (strict non-commcercal without any
slight exception!) i decided to better take this down and retire before my
credibility will get lost.

Last edited:
Yeah, Phaser's stuff never did anything for me...mostly because he couldn't sing worth a damn, and he sang on most every recording. However, Scott Perretta's recordings were fantastic. His "bad" and "wire" were the closest I've ever heard to the solo guitar lines from the albums.

Does anyone know if Scott is posting anywhere else? Or if anyone else is posting his recordings?

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom