is this any good? -BASSISTS-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm, to be honest I'm not really fond of Staggs. They tend to 'grow old' soon.
If you're looking for a cheap one, try to find an Ibanez, the 180 is decent quality! Or if you're willing to fork over a little more money, a Squier Jazz or P-bass is always good.

I have a Squier Precision and I'm really happy with it.

Hm, to be honest I'm not really fond of Staggs. They tend to 'grow old' soon.
If you're looking for a cheap one, try to find an Ibanez, the 180 is decent quality! Or if you're willing to fork over a little more money, a Squier Jazz or P-bass is always good.

I have a Squier Precision and I'm really happy with it.

I see what you mean. a squier jazz bass is my second option

I have a Yamaha RBX170 and it works fine as an economic bass, given that I'm a barely functional bass player. It has Split-coils in the neck and a jazz pickup at the bridge. Yamaha has good quality and workmanship even on their low end stuff.

If you're playin' a Squier, ya need to aim a bit higher. (Kidding)

Some of the made im Mexico Fender Jazz and Precisions, actual Fender and not Squier are built better, sound better...

But hey, if you like the sound and feel of a Squier than so be it. That is all that matters, does it work for you. AND, you may have just found the 'diamond' in the Squier rough - and there is no shame in that.

My squier sounds great, ofcourse it's just a squier, but I don't have the money to pay twice the amount for a real Fender. I already have a Fender strat so my bass had to be cheaper since I didn't have the money.

Sadly now I turn out to prefer the bass! :lol:

My squier sounds great, ofcourse it's just a squier, but I don't have the money to pay twice the amount for a real Fender. I already have a Fender strat so my bass had to be cheaper since I didn't have the money.

Sadly now I turn out to prefer the bass! :lol:

I see what you mean there, I've got a fender strat, and now I seem more drawn towards playing bass, :doh:

after a long search on the net...this bass is my final choice, Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass at Musicroom.com - Instruments & Accessories I can't wait to buy it now, 1.its gorgeous 2. Adam has the fender version and 3. £200 is a BARGIAN...wooopey wooo:D

Ohhhhh pretty! :love:

Wasn't Adam's natural with black pickguard a Lakland tho? :hmm:

You mean this one?
adam0168.jpg

Nothing like a good piece of ASH. This being a Lakland 'Bob Glaub' model bass with natural swamp ash body w/translucent blonde finish.

(Is swamp ash like kick ash? Sorry, bad pun.)

The Bob Glaub is modeled after the Fender Precision. Alder is the standard body wood for the Bob Gluab model but Swamp Ash is an option, and an option that Adam went with.

More on this Lakland Bass, from Lakland's site...

Welcome to Lakland

Oh, found this, I know its a Lakland (round bridge) but at least its a Jazz style. :)

adamalryr9gd.png

That there is a Lakland Darryl Jones signature model. The Darryl Jones, like the Joe Osborne model used during Elevation, are based on a Fender Jazz design.

Here's more information on the Darryl Jones model:
065_12Asmallercopy.jpg

Lak_Jones_05_Natch.jpg

LAKLAND - Daryl Jones signature model - [2005] - Natural finish (QTY. 2)

And here from Lakland:
Welcome to Lakland

Joe Osborne model information:
Lakland-JoeOsborne-2001-LasVegas-1.jpg

LAKLAND - Joe Osborne signature model - [Xxxx] - natural finish

Back
Top Bottom