Is there such thing as a "manual" flanger or phaser? Expression pedal controlled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatrickpatrick

The Fly
Is there such thing as a "manual" flanger or phaser? Expression pedal controlled?

The vast majority of phasers and flangers are confined to one rhythm or speed which you pre set before you start playing or else adjust with an expression pedal while playing. I was wondering, is there such a thing as a flanger or phaser which you directly control with the expression pedal, like a whammy? What I mean is, if you compare a phaser/flanger to the whammy effect, the whammy would be "auto whammy", sliding up and down evenly to a pre set time. But can you get a manual phaser/flanger so that it sweeps up and down in time to you rocking the expression pedal up and down?

I don't know any effects pedals that do that, but multi-effects pedalboard like the Line 6 M13 (that has hundreds of effects, flanger and phaser included) that allow you to plug in up to two expression pedals, which can be programmed to control any setting. So, in theory that should work with time setting on said effects. Hope that helps! :wave:

The Line 4 MM 4 (which has phaser, flanger and many other modulation effects) can be used with an expression pedal. Although I have not met many that actually do. In most casees those type of effects are set per song and there isn't much need to change them during the song.

I'm pretty sure that an expression pedal can be used with Line 6 M9, M13. IO know it can be used with the MM4 (modulation modeler), DL4 (delay modeler), FM4 Filter Modeler and I think even the DM4 distortion modeler.

Back
Top Bottom