Irish Falcon during One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMScoopy

Refugee
Im listening to One on the Vertigo DVD and i wonder why Bono's guitar has so much overdrive this tour for One. I think, for One, it sounds kinda shitty. Anyone esle notice this?

Another thing i noticed is that if i put it on the 2nd audio "language", during the Fly and One, Bono's guitar is accually LOUDER than Edge's! At least on my computer it is. :drool:

You can buy from Gretsch Bono signiture Irish Falcon guitar, kinda dumb if you ask me considering, bono plays guitar about 5 min per show.

joe8pizza said:
You can buy from Gretsch Bono signiture Irish Falcon guitar, kinda dumb if you ask me considering, bono plays guitar about 5 min per show.

It's accually a very nice guitar and it sounds amazing. If I was rich, i would def. get one, it wouldn't be my 1st choice, but id get one. You're right he does need to play more on tour.

Last edited:
no... he doesn't have to play more.

this is the first time that they actually increased the volume on his guitar on live recordings... and it doesn't sound too great.

i would much rather see bono running around hte ellipse like a mad man durring the fly than seeing him play a mediocre guitar.

Who gives a shit about running around the ellipse?
The Fly was meant to be played live with 2 guitars. I like the elevation version as well, it's just not as good.

I'll agree with you that his guitar tone doesn't fit with One. I think it's way to overdriven. But RTSS is great on this DVD and the Fly rocks just like ZooTV.

You mean to tell me you would dislike Bono to play acoustic guitar during WOWY or ISHFWILF like the JT tour? Or electric during ABOY, like it should be played?

JMScoopy said:

It's accually a very nice guitar and it sounds amazing. If I was rich, i would def. get one, it wouldn't be my 1st choice, but id get one. You're right he does need to play more on tour.

I meant, bono doenst deserve a signiture guitar, hes an awesome vocalist, not guitar player, no offense.

I despise any performance of The Fly with Bono backing on guitar. Particularly Zoo TV Dublin. It sometimes sounds out of time and it sounds quite crappy anyway. Boston Elevation all the way. Perfect performance with just one guitar.

Oh for god's sake...The Fly has never sounded better!

Maybe it didnt sound so great on the DVD....but to my ears after seeing 13 shows from different spots...if you are way back in the arena you dont hear much of it...but if you are in the ellipse you do, which suggests to me that his stage volume is as high or higher than Edge's.....as for using any type of overdrive effect, I would doubt it, save what he can achieve with an AC30. He's not plugged into any effects boxes, he's going straight to the amp.

I dont know how I feel about One really....I kinda like the little flourishes he's adding to it...

I understand his pain...it can get uncomfortable to just be the guy with the mic...playing guitar once in a while makes me feel better for some reason.. :shrug:

gabrielvox said:
Oh for god's sake...The Fly has never sounded better!

Maybe it didnt sound so great on the DVD....but to my ears after seeing 13 shows from different spots...if you are way back in the arena you dont hear much of it...but if you are in the ellipse you do, which suggests to me that his stage volume is as high or higher than Edge's.....as for using any type of overdrive effect, I would doubt it, save what he can achieve with an AC30. He's not plugged into any effects boxes, he's going straight to the amp.

I dont know how I feel about One really....I kinda like the little flourishes he's adding to it...

I understand his pain...it can get uncomfortable to just be the guy with the mic...playing guitar once in a while makes me feel better for some reason.. :shrug:

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

JMScoopy said:
You mean to tell me you would dislike Bono to play acoustic guitar during WOWY or ISHFWILF like the JT tour? Or electric during ABOY, like it should be played?

yes... yes i would.

bono readily admits that he's not a very good guitar player. he is, however, an amazing front man. so i would much prefer him to be running around doing bono like things rather than play the guitar. but that's just me.

and i do admit the fly rocked on this tour... but frankly i still prefer the elevation version as my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom