I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Instrumental Cover)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
Alright I think I've got it this time. I based most of the track off the studio version but the guitar sort of has a feel to it as if it were from a fairly recent U2 show. I really enjoyed this one, almost as much as the previous tracks. I feel as if I am getting better through these covers of these U2 songs. Drums sound fine here to me but I'll leave you guys to judge that.;) I added in some bongo sort of instruments in there. Although I feel as if they are a bit high in the mix. Once again my take on ISHFWILF.:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4naDdaEJG9A

(Btw, the quantizing and metronome make for a hell of a lot of difference. I usually get irritated by a metronome :)huh:) but here it really helped...A LOT!)

If you don't like playing with the metronome, and that's understandable, put down a loop of a shaker or very basic drum beat and play to that, and then take it out if you don't want it in the final mix.

With Garageband I've also found that locking each track after you record it helps to not incur latency with recording additional tracks.

Yeah I usually don't like metronomes. Here I layed down a track of a Tamb to keep time for me, even kept it in the final mix. Hmm interesting about locking the tracks to avoid latency. I've noticed that it occurs a bit when you have a lot of tracks going.

Hi, have a look at this website for some good tones

Removed Link. Sorry no advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:
spam - they're selling an ebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom