I still have not found cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good effort, but your delay time seems a bit too short, seems like around 400ms I'd say? You need 450ms or slightly above (Edge --> 453ms), depending how fast you play yourself or your backing track is.

The 2nd delay is the important part about this song, really! It's slightly more subtle with shorter repeats than the main delay, but vital. Edge has it at 135ms, but that never worked for me, I double it at 280ms and it works perfect IMHO. You'll hear it sink right in when you're dialling the delay time.

Good effort, but your delay time seems a bit too short, seems like around 400ms I'd say? You need 450ms or slightly above (Edge --> 453ms), depending how fast you play yourself or your backing track is.

The 2nd delay is the important part about this song, really! It's slightly more subtle with shorter repeats than the main delay, but vital. Edge has it at 135ms, but that never worked for me, I double it at 280ms and it works perfect IMHO. You'll hear it sink right in when you're dialling the delay time.

Cool thanks! What sucks is that i cant set a delay time on my effects unit,:sad: I need to buy a better delay unit.....:D

Cool thanks! What sucks is that i cant set a delay time on my effects unit,:sad: I need to buy a better delay unit.....:D

To be honest (and without sounding too preachy), I think learning to get a feel for delay time and rhythm is essential anyway, so having an analog delay is not a bad thing! I used my DMM for years and that one also has no digital display, hell even Edge toured with that for years in the beginning. They all got their pro's and con's, analog delays are handy because you can just dial in the delay times quite fast without getting to scientific about ms and bpm's and whatnot.

Learn to love it. Then later move to something more awesome (like the Timefactor) :D

It sounds good! But I do agree with mirrorballman about the delay being a bit short. Here's something that helps me sometimes: Tap your foot along with the kick drum and set your main delay so that the repeats fall in line with the tempo of your foot/the kick drum. If that doesn't work then try to get as close as you can by feel. Generally though you want to try and count the tempo of the song, I do it with my feet, and set your delay that way. Once again, great cover! I just would suggest a slight adjustment on the delay. :)

Nice clip man.. like the others said you need to try and
get the delay in sync with the beat or there abouts.
when i played in my U2 tribute band away back
in 1998 i used a boss DD3 and sum pedals.the pedal lacked
delay modulation but it taught me to use delay with no ms
readout.over the years i started buying stuff like korg delays
yamaha delays/line6 stuff/pedals..

I noticed you have a Boss ME25 try using type 2 delay
and select 45 for (450ms) as it only goes up in 10ms
at a time.adjust feedback( 4 or 40) n level set it
around (5 or 50) or till its sitting nice in the mix.
You may want to add a touch of chorus since theres
no vibrato with the effects unit.add a touch of chorus
to give the delay a bit more warmth. you can add boost
when the song kicks in too..

if you can save up or trade the boss unit u would be
better of with a line6 unit M13/M9 or if you want the
amp sims POD HD500/400/300. all do modulation delay

cheers again and nice playing:up: BB

Nice clip man.. like the others said you need to try and
get the delay in sync with the beat or there abouts.
when i played in my U2 tribute band away back
in 1998 i used a boss DD3 and sum pedals.the pedal lacked
delay modulation but it taught me to use delay with no ms
readout.over the years i started buying stuff like korg delays
yamaha delays/line6 stuff/pedals..

I noticed you have a Boss ME25 try using type 2 delay
and select 45 for (450ms) as it only goes up in 10ms
at a time.adjust feedback( 4 or 40) n level set it
around (5 or 50) or till its sitting nice in the mix.
You may want to add a touch of chorus since theres
no vibrato with the effects unit.add a touch of chorus
to give the delay a bit more warmth. you can add boost
when the song kicks in too..

if you can save up or trade the boss unit u would be
better of with a line6 unit M13/M9 or if you want the
amp sims POD HD500/400/300. all do modulation delay

cheers again and nice playing:up: BB

Holy Mother of god i had no idea that you can change the delay time! :applaud::applaud: Thank you soooooooo much! :wink: so if 45 is 450 then how could i set lets say........ Ultra Violet? which is 108 :D

Thanks for the kind words!

To be honest (and without sounding too preachy), I think learning to get a feel for delay time and rhythm is essential anyway, so having an analog delay is not a bad thing! I used my DMM for years and that one also has no digital display, hell even Edge toured with that for years in the beginning. They all got their pro's and con's, analog delays are handy because you can just dial in the delay times quite fast without getting to scientific about ms and bpm's and whatnot.

Learn to love it. Then later move to something more awesome (like the Timefactor) :D

Thanks! Eventually i will get a time factor. :wave:

It sounds good! But I do agree with mirrorballman about the delay being a bit short. Here's something that helps me sometimes: Tap your foot along with the kick drum and set your main delay so that the repeats fall in line with the tempo of your foot/the kick drum. If that doesn't work then try to get as close as you can by feel. Generally though you want to try and count the tempo of the song, I do it with my feet, and set your delay that way. Once again, great cover! I just would suggest a slight adjustment on the delay. :)

Thanks for your feedback! :D

Back
Top Bottom