I just purchased this new little amp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
Ok sorry to interrupt E_O, but an opportunity arrived. Story goes like this: a couple days ago my ten year old POC (piece of crap) squier amp died. It was the only amp I played through with effects. The other amp I own is a Fender G DEC, which is not so good with effect units. Anyway that's not important, what is important is THIS!

57a04d33.jpg

042ef731.jpg

4b279c8e.jpg

The Vox AC4TV

I went out yesterday and got it to replace my old amp. It's the first real amp I've owned and the first tube amp I've owned. While it isn't an AC30 it does the job for now and I am really only doing recording at the moment. And it is really LOUD for it's size! I couldn't believe how loud it could get on the 1 watt setting. I want the cab for it now.

This Vox AC4TV has the most perfect sound and the most perfect volume for what I am playing.:D I run a Line 6 M13 and some other pedals into it with a Gibson LP Standard and a Squier (i know :doh:) Telecaster. It sounds terrific and I have been attatched to it. I own a Electro Harmonix #1 Echo and have run that straight to the amp (Guitar > #1 Echo> AC4) and it is so beautiful and warm. I will post a demo of it tomorrow as soon as I wake up. Sorry I just have to talk about it!:hyper::hyper:

More information about these great Vox amps: More about the Vox AC4TV

I strongly recommend this if you're looking to practice at home or do recording. It is made perfectly for that.

Oh and btw while I was out getting the amp I got some strings. I told him D'Addario 10's. He gave me ones for a 12 string guitar. I don't own a 12 string and the store is a little over an hour away. I was wondering if you could use the regular 6 strings in the pack?

That's a great amp, especially because you can turn it down to 1/4 Watts and then crank the volume up to get some great overdrive from the amp itself. Don't get fooled by the three buttons: It's very versatile that way, you'll get some great tones out of it.

I have one myself! :)

That's a great amp, especially because you can turn it down to 1/4 Watts and then crank the volume up to get some great overdrive from the amp itself. Don't get fooled by the three buttons: It's very versatile that way, you'll get some great tones out of it.

I have one myself! :)

You are one of the lucky persons who owns one!:D:up: And oh yes! There are some tasty sounds coming from this amp so far and I've only spent a little time today with it. I ran my Boss BD 2 Blues Driver overdrive through it and it was the most amazing thing to me. More tomorrow! I'll do the demo of it tomorrow.

Thank you! It is a very great amp. I haven't recorded with it yet but I will tomorrow. I can't wait! And congrats on your Gretsch! When's it expected to arrive?

Gretsch should be here by the middle of next week. I'm pretty excited about that. I'd wanted one for ages.

Oh and btw while I was out getting the amp I got some strings. I told him D'Addario 10's. He gave me ones for a 12 string guitar. I don't own a 12 string and the store is a little over an hour away. I was wondering if you could use the regular 6 strings in the pack?

You can take out the smaller octave strings and use the others for your 6-string. Always double-check what the sales guys give you. They are not always paying attention. As you found out. =D

You are one of the lucky persons who owns one!:D:up: And oh yes! There are some tasty sounds coming from this amp so far and I've only spent a little time today with it. I ran my Boss BD 2 Blues Driver overdrive through it and it was the most amazing thing to me. More tomorrow! I'll do the demo of it tomorrow.

I've never owned a Blues Driver myself but a few I know have... good overdrive. I think I remember hearing that Edge has one, although I've not seen it used in his rig. BUt it will be cool to hear a clip of you playing that through your AC4. Congrats again. Always good news when one gets new gear - even if it's someone else getting new gear. =D

You can take out the smaller octave strings and use the others for your 6-string. Always double-check what the sales guys give you. They are not always paying attention. As you found out. =D

Ok I'll try that then.:D I didn't really think he could possibly mess that up but I'll keep a more watchful eye next time around.

I've never owned a Blues Driver myself but a few I know have... good overdrive. I think I remember hearing that Edge has one, although I've not seen it used in his rig. BUt it will be cool to hear a clip of you playing that through your AC4. Congrats again. Always good news when one gets new gear - even if it's someone else getting new gear. =D

The Blues Driver is great!:up: I never knew Edge had one.:hmm: he should use it more often! I didn't do the BD 2 in this demo, it was the Electro Harmonix #1 Echo (which is a good clean delay). I'm not done doing demoes just yet though! So I'll do the BD 2 tomorrow. It just gives the amp this, as the pedal says, sweet blues-y drive tone that is :drool::drool:. Currently uploading to YouTube as I type.:hyper:

Well it took several tries but it finally went! Here's the Vox AC4 TV with my EHX #1 Echo.:D It isn't a great echo for using OD/Distortion but it is an absolute amazing clean delay. Very early U2-ish.

YouTube - Vox AC4TV (Featuring Electro Harmonix #1 Echo Digital Delay)

I played clean first and then cut on the Echo and messed with that for a bit. Then I did as mirrorballman said toward the end and switched from 4 watt to 1/4 watt and cranked it to get some natural OD from the amp. It sounds creamy and good! I used a Squier Telecaster by the way. I have to admit to liking the little performance of "Bad" at the 3:12 mark.

I will use the Boss BD 2 tomorrow and make a demo using my Gibson Les Paul and Squier Tele. The BD 2 is a good OD and I recommend that as well.

Back
Top Bottom