I Found out THe Vertigo rig!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsglick2424

Refugee
ok, I was on a website and this guy went to a u2 concert and all he did was study what effects were used for the songs played on the vertigo tour, he even said what a lot of the settings were for the effects! I also have a file from the same website that has of where the effects are placed in the skrydstrup! Email me if you want both files of the settings of the effects for songs and/or the skrydstrup file.

guitars2424@aol.com

-Zach

ps
Thanks Muad!

tpsglick2424 said:
ok, I was on a website and this guy went to a u2 concert and all he did was study what effects were used for the songs played on the vertigo tour, he even said what a lot of the settings were for the effects! I also have a file from the same website that has of where the effects are placed in the skrydstrup! Email me if you want both files of the settings of the effects for songs and/or the skrydstrup file.

guitars2424@aol.com

-Zach

ps
Thanks Muad!

If you are talking about the files on the U2 Recording group, I don't think you should be passing out the info to everyone. It is in there for the people IN the group who have all contributed to the info that is in there.

Show a little respect for the group and all the people who have contributed to it.

why are you yelling at me when muad'zin gave me the file in the first place? he even gave it to me on a post! if you could of read the whole thing you would see that i said "thanks muad" so stop being on my case all the time and mind your own business. I find it very low for a person to just go on the thread and start criticizing the thread starter when they have done nothing to you. From now on if you see that i hvae started a thread don't go in it because im sick of you criticizing me when i have done nothing wrong. I didnt even find the site randomly, i saw that muad'zin gave me a post to go on the site and search for that file. I did it and found one more extra thing of infomation which i downloaded. I'm giving it to other people because I, and a lot more people have been searching the web to find out as many info as we can to figure out the rig. And if you read the title for this forum it says that this forum is to discuss about the equipment that U2 uses. So stop being on my case and if you don't like that I'm helping other people with information, either you tell me in a nice manner, and if you don't, too bad.

and incase you didnt know ive been getting emails all day so i know that people DO want to see what it is..:mad:

Sorry but I really don't see what he's done wrong to be honest. I'm assuming by thanking this 'Maud' person he's giving credit where it is due and I don't think it's great saying he shouldn't be passing this information on as if only a select few are allowed to know it. I'm not informed on who has put all this information together but reading the .pdf file it is very interesting not to mention useful and surely they'd be pleased to know that others are benifiting from their work?

Really? ok i'm really sorry then,I would take this post off if i could but i can't. if TheEdge U2JT would of told me that simple comment, i would of realized and stopped. I'm sorry for starting the thread, i had no idea...If you could look at this thread please, you could hopefully probaly understand:

http://forum.interference.com/t163046.html

look at the whole thread, muad'zin gave me the web and when I saw all of this great info I thought to share and give it to other people so they could of seen what I did. Thank you discothequeLP for telling me in a calm manner. If TheEdge U2JT would of told me in the right way of saying it i would of stopped as soon as he told me.

and btw, im not blaming all of this on muad'zin, it was also my fault for not knowing that the author didnt want this...

tpsglick2424 said:
Really? ok i'm really sorry then,I would take this post off if i could but i can't. if TheEdge U2JT would of told me that simple comment, i would of realized and stopped. I'm sorry for starting the thread, i had no idea...If you could look at this thread please, you could hopefully probaly understand:

http://forum.interference.com/t163046.html

look at the whole thread, muad'zin gave me the web and when I saw all of this great info I thought to share and give it to other people so they could of seen what I did. Thank you discothequeLP for telling me in a calm manner. If TheEdge U2JT would of told me in the right way of saying it i would of stopped as soon as he told me.

1st off..how was I, "yelling" at you? Just becasue you were wrong don't try to spin this back on me. Be a big boy, take responsibility and drop it.

If I had told you in the right way? WTF!
I said IF you are talking about files from the U2 Recording group. I was sure that is was because I know who put up the foot controller file and the notes from the Oakland show.

Whatever, you did a stupid thing because you did not take the time to understand the group and see what it is about. You just saw some info and felt that you had to share it with everyone. Maybe that can make you feel like you know something. You should have just referred people to the group. Did you consider that???

What is it really? Are you pissed at me because I pointed out that there is no such thing as a rack mounted Line 6 distortion modeler other than the two that were custom made for Edge? No, you cannot go to Pappy's music and occasionally find one. Is that why you are mad at me? Because I pointed out a few places where you were wrong? Maybe before you post in 50 threads you should make sure what you are saying is correct.

That fact is there are a lot of good guys here on Interference and in the U2 Recording group who would gladly pass on info, delay times, effects settings....we all do it to help other people that are trying to figure it out. A lot of time and effort has gone in to the guys putting that info together. I'd hate to think that there could be guys who will not share stuff because they are afraid that someone like you is going to come along and post an open invitation to it.

You can also note that the info and link you are referring to on the other thread takes you to the U2Recording group...you have JOIN THE GROUP to have access to the info, it's not just a public site with access for everyone..... maybe it would occure to you to not take something posted in a private group and start giving it away?

That is why I said show a little respect. If you would spend some time in to group, get to know the guys, and realize the time and effort that has gone into this collection of info, you'd realize that they have earned it.

Last edited:
Fine, I'm sorry for making you mad in that way, look im new at this, i signed up almost a week ago.I first thought that you could only be a premium member to even post. once i found out that you didnt have to i got really excited and wanted to post a lot of things that i had that i didnt get from this site, because i had a few things that i wanted to share, i guess i got a little carried away with this stuff...BUT i also have to say that I didnt find this site randomly, on this site muadzin posted this site to me and people on my thread as i showed above. So Im not the first one to show the site to this forum. What i got out of your first post in this thread that you were pissed off and screaming at me and i thought that i had done nothing wrong, so thats why i posted the thread. Now i realized that i really screwed up and got caught up and went overboard. I didnt even realize half the things i was doing. I'm very sorry for what i did and i promise i wont go overboard again.Like i said i just felt angry and somewhat embarresed from the post you sent so thats why i sent the post where i was pissing you off. I hope you understand where i am coming from and forgive me and next time i will double think of what im doing and make sure to not go overboard next time. and you were very right about the whole respect thing and that i didnt realize it at all of how much these guys work to get this done..

zach

Last edited:
Ok, that is fine. I understand.

I'm not saying don't share info, but there is a difference in telling someone something like, you can use a delay time of 365ms for Streets or 415 for WOWY, and taking a whole file.

I have been a part of that group for over 3 years and have learned a lot. Seriously, if you want to learn about how to try to recreate Edge's sounds, take part. You'll see pretty quickly that is not just a place to see files with delay times or shimmer settings.

Ok, it's over, lets move on.

Oh ok. actually i made a mistake there and it was a Dl4 rack mount. not a dm4. I was searching around for a good web to find gear like a few months ago. I guess i read it wrong, the dl4 sold like in a week of when i saw it came out on pappy's though, what i don't understand is why they would make a dl4 rack but not a dm4...but i was NEVER mad about you pointing that out.

I have a simple rig... I like to mess around in my house. I have a boss dd-6, big muff, double muff, digitech distortion, i also have a very rare mutron octave divider which is awesome but not in the edge's rig.... Like i said before i might decide to get a korg a3 for my birthday which is a month and few days from now...What do you have in you rig?

Well, I just changed everything so I am selling off alot of gear.

My rig was:
TC2290
Line Echo Pro
2 DHP33's
Korg A3
TS-9 (Keeley)
TS-9 (AnalogMan)
RC Boost
Dyna Comp
Line 6 DM-4
SD-1
OD-2
Yamaha SPX90
Lexicon LXP15
FullTone Fat Boost
Digitech Whammy
2-GCX loops
Ground Control Pro
AC30 w/blues
and a few other things tht would go in an out depending on my mood.

Now it is down to
AXE-fx
Triad
RC Boost
A3
GCX
GC Pro
AC30 Cabinet
Power amp

I can pretty much do everything I did before with all the gear but now I can have everything in 1 12 space rack vs my old 12 and an 8. I can also pull out the AXE, GCX, Triad and RC pedals and throw it in a 4 space rack for travel gigs where I have to fly.

I might still keep the AC30 and TC2290 just to have them unless I get a silly offer for them.

How is the double muff? I have never tried one.

The double muff is ok. The d. muff has two switches. One's the single and ones the double. The single is supose to be the main fuzz and the double, if you switch it, is to add more fuzz to the single muff. the single muff by it self is awesome but the double really doesnt really add on fuzz like it says it does...

How can I join / contribute to the U2 recording group you mentioned? I'd be glad to contribute what I know and I would be very interested to see what they know as well...

TheEdge U2JT said:
Well, I just changed everything so I am selling off alot of gear.

My rig was:
TC2290
Line Echo Pro
2 DHP33's
Korg A3
TS-9 (Keeley)
TS-9 (AnalogMan)
RC Boost
Dyna Comp
Line 6 DM-4
SD-1
OD-2
Yamaha SPX90
Lexicon LXP15
FullTone Fat Boost
Digitech Whammy
2-GCX loops
Ground Control Pro
AC30 w/blues
and a few other things tht would go in an out depending on my mood.

Now it is down to
AXE-fx
Triad
RC Boost
A3
GCX
GC Pro
AC30 Cabinet
Power amp

I can pretty much do everything I did before with all the gear but now I can have everything in 1 12 space rack vs my old 12 and an 8. I can also pull out the AXE, GCX, Triad and RC pedals and throw it in a 4 space rack for travel gigs where I have to fly.

I might still keep the AC30 and TC2290 just to have them unless I get a silly offer for them.

How is the double muff? I have never tried one.

:ohmy:
woah that's a lot of stuff!!!

:up:

Back
Top Bottom