I feel like a jackass (bass guitar related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, I made a fool of myself today. Here's the story.

So, I've been getting into bass guitar lately. I'm not "officially" learning, but I've been messing around with this somewhat crappy bass guitar my rich my friend let me have. I think I'm falling in love with the bass, but knowing my tendancy to have these short lived obsessions, I could lose interest eventually. I've been paying alot of attention to bass recently and have gained a new respect for bass in the music I listen to.

Anyways, I was in the car today, driving to dinner with my family (brother and parents) and I plugged in my MP3 player and put Roundabout on (it has my favorite bassline). My parents recognized the song (of course) which I found cool. So we were listening, bopping around in our seats as we usually do and all of a sudden my dad turned the bass down. I was thinking "WTF??? Why would he friggin do that?". I was honestly pissed. I think it's because of my current bass obsession that I became angry.

I completely freaked out. I started screaming, spouting profanities and spewing insults at my family about how their appreciation of music is underdeveloped and stupid. My family looked completely terrified. I flailed my arms about, causing my dad to spill his hot coffee on his pants. I eventually calmed down, but by that time I had obviously already made a complete fool of myself. My mom is now suggesting I give up playing bass guitar, as it seems to have a negative effect on my psyche.

Have you had a similar experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom