hooray for me!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
i bought my first guitar tonight. im borrowing my friends squier strat, but i wanted an acoustic to learn on so i went to a shop and bought a Gibson J45 from the late seventies, SWEET. I talked the gut down pretty good......i still suck at playing but at least i look good LOL.

les paul? its my first guitar, i am not going to go drop 2k on a les paul.

i got this with the case tax included for 550. thats enough for a first guitar.

if i stick with it i already know what guitars i want next.

gibson explorer
fender telecaster
gibson les paul ( i will afford it someday, maybe not a custom but a nice standard or studio)

550 enough for a first guitar hahaha. You should be so lucky. I got my first guitar, a squire strat, for like $100. All that, and the little part where you plug the cord into the guitar to the amp, the wires inside keep coming unsoldered so sometimes I would plug it in and there would be no sound out of the amp and my dad would have to solder them again :) Ahhh the joy's.

Maybe Edge would like to have that happen during a concert... then he'd really throw his guitar down lol.

$550 for a used Gibson w/case sounds like a great deal.

Did you have a friend who plays and knows something about acoustics shop with you? Gibson acoustics have a reputation for inconsistency but the good ones are definetly keepers and are so cool looking.

i went by myself. I have showed to two people who play the guitar. They are not experts but they are educated. its in good shape. one minor surface crack, lil buckle rash ( surface scratches) What sold me is it was modified and is now an acoustic - electric. i have been coming along but..................... i'll say this......FUCK the G CHORD!!!!!!!

lol, G, A, C, D, F, B, they are all so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k, you will get used to it. After a while, you won't even think about it and changing between them all at high speed will be like buttering a piece of toast.

Back
Top Bottom