Help 4 newb guitarrer lolz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
So I decided to take up guitar this week and it's goin' pretty good. I decided to come here for my guitar advice, cuz everyone in U2 land was always so friendly. :)

Firstly, I want to play some U2 songs (duh) but I don't trust most of the sites out there. Where do YOU guys get your tabs? I'd LOVE to learn Yahweh, the way they play it live/acoustic. It was so amazing live.

Suggestions for other songs I should try would be awesome...

BTW I'm playing a Taylor acoustic 312CE. For those of you who are geeky like that. (I wouldn't know the difference, as it only ever sounds good when my brother plays it lol.)

Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Although I currently find it much more fun to find it out by ear, I occasionally consult www.ultimate-guitar.com for tabs.

Songs I would recommend:
-Wild Horses is a fun one to play around with
- Desire, to train your speed
- All I Want Is You, just the chords as an acoustic version
- Sunday Bloody Sunday, one of the first things I learned

PaleBlueDot said:
Firstly, I want to play some U2 songs (duh) but I don't trust most of the sites out there. Where do YOU guys get your tabs? I'd LOVE to learn Yahweh, the way they play it live/acoustic. It was so amazing live.

When I need tabs to a particular song or band I use Google and enter things like U2 guitar tablature or tabs.

Strangely enough I also find that most U2 tabs out there are taken from the U2 guitar archive, sadly closed down by U2 management sanctioned lawyers.

:lol: and that's the one song I just cannot play!

I desperately wanted to learn Sunday Bloody Sunday, and it turned out to be pretty easy, it's a good start :)

Sometimes you can't make it on your own is pretty easy too, even tho I cannot do the 2nd verse on my crappy accoustic since it goes higher than the 18th fret XD

Miracle drug is relatively easy

Walk On is pretty easy

Until The End Of The World is a nice riff :)

Vertigo is ok, but very fast...

I use www.ultimate-guitar.com aswell, there the tabs are rated so you usually know which tabs are better.. .

You just decided to start playing this week and yer rattling off tunes already?? Are you playing the correct chords or just the tune on one string?

That's pretty much how I started, I wanted to play guitar and I just started playing, with the necessary help of course. Haven't had lessons yet though, might consider it later.

I started out a while ago with some tabs... and still doing that :wink:
I don't have the money to get lessons.... so I don't have much of a choice!

my husband has a taylor 310 with an electric pickup and amp. he learned how to play by ear when he was 11 years old and is 55 now, he never uses tabs.

I wish he would learn some u2 songs, he said they sounded easy to play.

good luck too! I'm envious of people who can play any instrument.

I've had a guitar for years and I still don't play it because I broke a string and don't know how to put on a new one. I know that is tremendously stupid but I've never seen it done so I don't know how. And I don't know who to ask to help me. But I really want to play. :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom