Has Edge ever use the diamond les pual?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diamond? No such animal.

Guessing you mean the mirror-tiled Les Paul, as you mentioned the Discotheque video.

I've not seen any evidence of him using the mirrored Les Paul. Thus far I've seen no video or photos.

Only evidence of it's existence is The Edge lugging it around in the video, the POP album picture, a picture of Dallas with it during the tour rehearsals... Plus I saw a pic of it on a stand in Propaganda (magazine).

It was taken along for the tour. But again, no evidence that it was used. No photos or video thus far.

I'd imagine that all of the mirrored tiles would have (adversely) affected the tone. I've heard it was very heavy. To bad tone and heavy would be great reasons to NOT play the guitar live.

I've heard that it was sold at a charity auction in 1998/1999 in Ireland.

Edge_Orchestra said:
Diamond? No such animal.

Guessing you mean the mirror-tiled Les Paul, as you mentioned the Discotheque video.

I've not seen any evidence of him using the mirrored Les Paul. Thus far I've seen no video or photos.

Only evidence of it's existence is The Edge lugging it around in the video, the POP album picture, a picture of Dallas with it during the tour rehearsals... Plus I saw a pic of it on a stand in Propaganda (magazine).

It was taken along for the tour. But again, no evidence that it was used. No photos or video thus far.

I'd imagine that all of the mirrored tiles would have (adversely) affected the tone. I've heard it was very heavy. To bad tone and heavy would be great reasons to NOT play the guitar live.

I've heard that it was sold at a charity auction in 1998/1999 in Ireland.

Thanks!

Again, I never saw Edge use the mirror-finish Les Paul during the Popmart tour. I have never seen any photos or video either.

But it was along on the tour.

You can see it in the guitar locker in the photo below:

Popmart-7.jpg

...and in this photo:

Popmart-4.jpg

...and here:

Copyofdallashardhatmirrorballguitar.jpg

And you can see while the mirror-finish Les Paul was on the Popmart tour... So was the Explorer... Although, I do not remember seeing any evidence of The Edge using the Explorer during the Popmart tour.

In fact, Edge later said that the band, Adam in particular, was thrilled to see when Edge had pulled out the Explorer during the sessions for ATYCLB in 1999/2000, as it had not been used in a long while; probably since "UltraViolet" during the Zoo tours.

Also seen in the photo...

Looks like the ash 1975 Telecaster that Edge used for "The Unforgettable Fire" and the black Rickenbacker 360 that Edge later used as a replacement for one of the Boston gigs, after slamming the fireglo to the stage floor and then kicking it. (Consult your Elevation Boston DVD).

Again, I never saw Edge use the mirror-finish Les Paul during the Popmart tour. I have never seen any photos or video either.

But it was along on the tour.

You can see it in the guitar locker in the photo below:

Popmart-7.jpg

...and in this photo:

Popmart-4.jpg

...and here:

Copyofdallashardhatmirrorballguitar.jpg

And you can see while the mirror-finish Les Paul was on the Popmart tour... So was the Explorer... Although, I do not remember seeing any evidence of The Edge using the Explorer during the Popmart tour.

In fact, Edge later said that the band, Adam in particular, was thrilled to see when Edge had pulled out the Explorer during the sessions for ATYCLB in 1999/2000, as it had not been used in a long while; probably since "UltraViolet" during the Zoo tours.

Also seen in the photo...

Looks like the ash 1975 Telecaster that Edge used for "The Unforgettable Fire" and the black Rickenbacker 360 that Edge later used as a replacement for one of the Boston gigs, after slamming the fireglo to the stage floor and then kicking it. (Consult your Elevation Boston DVD).

Was the black 360 not just brought in at the very last minute as far as I can remember?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that that guitar was just loaned to Edge for that one night in Boston?

Back
Top Bottom