Half Stack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Pac_Mule

Refugee
Im looking into getting a half stack, but am on a kinda tight budget, as in under $800 haha

I love Marshall, but the only affordable they have is the MG100, and the reviews for that are mixed. Any other good ideas? I have a Marshall MG30 thats good for use in the house but band practice and gigs really suck with it :/

Why does anyone really need a half stack? 30 watts is good. Venues can microphone your amp, you know?

The Vox AC30VTs are nice too. My other brother has one of those. Great modeling amp, and loud as hell. And the preamp is a tube, so it does have some pretty good tube tone.

I, on the other hand, live in an apartment in NY, so the 10-watt tiny Marshall I bought used yesterday for $40 is enough for me.

Well.... extra speakers won't really do that much to improve tone. Perhaps instead of looking for the half stack, you should be looking into a new amp?

Yeah I am looking into a new amp but a halfstack version of whatever. I have the Marshall MG30 and the MG100 halfstack from what I heard kinda sucks so yeah

If I had the money I'd get a Marshall JCM 2000 :D

I presume if you’re hanging out on this site you play lots of U2 stuff. If so, why not go for the Vox AC30, like Edge. It’s part of Edge’s sound.

Yeah I am looking into a new amp but a halfstack version of whatever. I have the Marshall MG30 and the MG100 halfstack from what I heard kinda sucks so yeah

If I had the money I'd get a Marshall JCM 2000 :D

Personally, I don't like anything Marshall's made post JCM 800. :shrug: Though I used to be a Marshall fan, I'm not anymore. I love my Rivera quite a bit, but if I was to buy something new, I'd get an AC30 or some sort of Fender combo amp.

Speaking of Fender amps, I've played one of these and thought it was one of the best sounding amps I've heard in my life, but it's not particularly cheap.

Back
Top Bottom