Guitars You'd Like To See Edge Play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chill Mike D

War Child
I'm going to go with two Gibson extremes.

First, a Firebird VII. I've always loved these weird, gaudy guitars, and so I bought an Epiphone version. Mini-humbuckers are nice and you can pretty much get the #2 and #4 Strat sounds with this guitar.

Then, a Melody Maker. I've only played a few of these and so far think their pickups are a nice middle ground between a P90 and a Telecaster bridge pickup. I bet he could play a couple of his prime Telecaster songs on one of these and have it sound similar but different.

May as well make a list:

Black LP custom with a Bigsby. He could borrow Bono's.

Maybe some oddball Gibson hollowbody like a Vegas High Roller:

28600-gibson-vegas-high-roller-felt-green--large.jpg

Yeah, the Pelham Blue SG is particularly nice. Also, his Jaguar. And on that note Jazzmasters have incredible pickups.

I Would love for him to play his black explorer....It would be cool to see him play a firebird!

I agree with both. :up:

I talked to Daniel Lanois' asst. He told me the black Explorer (pic below) belongs to Edge.
IT_U2_03.jpg

I like the walnut Telecaster Custom. That would be one I'd like to see used a bit more.

As for Adam... I wonder if he still had the brown Ibanez Musician bass that he used in the early to mid-1980s?

Edge does have a single-pickup / double cut-away Les Paul Jr.

You can see it in the picture below from the book: 'U2 Show'. You can also see that he has a white (as well as his Lake Placid Blue) Fender Jaguar.

u2show01.jpg

It would be cool to see him used the Lake Placid Jaguar too.

Anyone know what video clip / performance from HQ that this photo was taken from? (Photo below)

band-studio-2004-1.jpg

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, I would love to see Edge p-lay the Pelham Blue Gibson SG.

img86974sc.jpg

I'd love to see him play a Les Paul Junior. Nice little guitars!

billie_joe_armstronggreen-day-mnik.jpg

I don't think that the photo is from 'Electrical Storm" video

That is the Electrical Storm video.

I am pretty sure that the photo that I posted, of Edge with the Jaguar, isn't from the "Electrical Storm" video.

band-studio-2004-1.jpg

A) The "Electrical Storm" video is all black and white. The photo is in colour

B) Adam is playing a Sherwood Green Fender Jazz bass in the photo but Lakland bass in the video.

U2 - Electrical Storm - YouTube

Anyone know what video clip / performance from HQ that this photo was taken from? (Photo below)

band-studio-2004-1.jpg

It's 100% not from ES video. Since that photo is taken in their studio in Hannover Quay. :)

But I do not know what song they're playing though. It's the same backdrop and floor and such as the behind the scenes from the HTDAAB 2nd disc.

It's 100% not from ES video. Since that photo is taken in their studio in Hannover Quay. :)

But I do not know what song they're playing though. It's the same backdrop and floor and such as the behind the scenes from the HTDAAB 2nd disc.

Didn't they do a promo show from HQ for HTDAAB? Maybe a Jo Whiley thing? Am I remembering that right?

I read it's from the promo video for Electrical Storm. Not the real video.

I read it's from the promo video for Electrical Storm. Not the real video.

Where did you read that? I'm just saying, if it was on a website, pictures are often mislabeled.

The 'video' I posted is the promo video. So I do know that the picture isn't from that video.

Judging by the shirt Edge is wearing... one that I remember seeing him wear during the HTDAAB era... it would seem more likely that the photo is from 2004-2006, not 2003 (when "Electrical Storm" came out).

Larry's foot isn't on the bass drum pedal there, so I'm not sure what he's doing.

Doesn't look like there is a bass drum set up. Looks like just a ride cymbal and snare drum.

band-studio-2004-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom