Guitar fx stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1111buz1111

Babyface
Helo fellow U2 fans, like many on this page I am obsessed with the unique chimes of our edge. I am gunna invest in some fx stuff for my epiphone explorer, does anyone recomend any disortion/delay pedals (indidual ones I'm not keen on multi-fx)

cheerz

mexiCooooo:drool:

get a boss sd-1 and some sort of equalizer for it. it's a great pedal, perfect for that early-days sound.

you also need a delay pedal (if you don't aready have one). an electroharmonix memory man would be perfect (edge used 2 back in the early 80s) but they can get kind of expensive. any solid stomp-box delay pedal would probably do fine.

and, to get even closer to that early-days sound (you do have an explorer) you might want to check out the mxr dynacomp compressor pedal, to get the most out of those harmonics and slide solos.

btw how is your epiphone explorer? i've been thinking about buying one

Last edited:
Or go for at least a Korg SDD2000...it's a tad pricey off ebay, but it's one hell of an investment. I am very content with mine.

yeah!

It's a great chunky sounding guitar very fuzzy, none of that tinny distortion, real beefy. (YAY! My htdaab bookllet dvd combo arrived today in the post!)

Looks great as well the old explorer, I hope mine ages well like the edges, coz it's a very bright wood. One downside is the balance, and standing it up against something but u'll get used to it... I really wanna' buy some sort of semi next... then maybe a tele/strat.

Back
Top Bottom