Got new some new stuff. How about you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So in this slow time between tours and albums...

...Anyone have any new gear? Any new gear that you are looking to buy?

Me? I went a bit happy with the buying, recently:

GUITARS:
2012 Gibson SG VOS (Courtesy of Route 66 Classic Guitars)
2012 Fender Mark Knopfler signature model Stratocaster (tone is warm, nice and reminds me a bit of Edge's "Stuck In A Moment...")
2012 Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar (Different than the ordinary Jaguar, controls-wise and such)

AMPS:
2011 Fender Blues Junior - Western Limited Editions w/Eminence speaker
2011 Fender Blues Junior - Navy Blue Limited Editions w/Celestion V30 speaker

I Bought a lefthanded Gibson custom shop Les Paul 1957 V.O.S, a USA deluxe sunburst Strat, a Les Paul junior faded Double cut, and a Gretsch 57 Duo-Jet reissue, and a line 6 Variax, I also got the new Vox Ac15 and put a Tone Tubby alnico speaker in it, and got one of Trabantlands preamp Pedals, my other half has no Idea how much I have spent!!!!!!!! Now I am looking at getting a John Mayer OMJM lefty acoustic at over £2500, but I look at these purchases as investments as weel as much loved and used instruments, better than wasting the money on gambling or getting Hammerd every night like I used to......

Back in the Spring I had a pair of P-Rails with Triple-Shot rings mounted on my Epiphone ES-175. I also had a Bigsby put on it.

That guitar fucking rocks now.

I would like to get either an Epi Worn Cherry G400 sometime, or the Pelham Blue one with the Vibrola.

I saw you posting the Blues Junior pics on FB and was wondering...I love mine! Nice on all the buys!

To do list for 2012:

New Mic stand as per Bono's current model: Check
Sure's Wireless as Per 360 tour specs including modeling Vocie effects for changing during songs like The Fly, Ultra etc... : Check!

Boom!!!! It's been a good year for vocal purchasing, modeling voice effects is very cool, it gives an intense feel live. :applaud:

Why oh why there's not more discussion about vocals in interference is beyond me. It's all about Edge this and Edge that.... :doh: Ya I know, you need to be a good singer to sing U2, trust me I know. But it would be nice if it's discussed more is all i am saying gents, (and ladies) :wink:

Ok, let's talk!

What do you mean by this, "modelling Vocie effects"..is Vocie a brand? I googled..

Haha, maybe I should have spelled correctly - 'Voice' I got a Digitech Vocal 300. We really wanted to elevate vocals and make the sound live come alive. It's a bit of a challenge, you have to foot switch it, but it works amazing for Ultra (baby, baby baby, light my way) COBL the chorus is much enhanced, with flange effect etc. Beautiful Day, same thing, we distorted The Fly which is amazing. Still polishing some effects for other songs, like Bad, I really wanted to make it not reverb but create a long hallway effect. It's been a lot of fun working with it.

Back
Top Bottom