G&L guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I am thinking about buying second guitars, and as I flip thru options (metaphorically), I realized that G&L is pretty viable option and model Invader looks fantastic! If any of you have experience with G&L, let me know!

i dont own a G&L but i played sumones telecaster for a few hrs
at a jam session in a bar Great guitars :) infact if i was looking
into another guitar id be looking at G&L :up:

I'd really like to try some G&L guitars as they do look nice and they have some features which is basically the upgraded version of Leo's design (like his whammy bars/bridges, how truss rods are added...) . Hm, why not more people use G&Ls? I feel like Fender guys like Edge would've loved that design

I don't know why more people don't use G&L guitars more. Maybe they suspect that when something is too good to be true, it usually is? Maybe they prefer to buy a real Fender because they figure the resale value is better? Or maybe its just that butt ugly headstock? :sick:

Well, I guess Leo hated it when his former companies got big. I guess

But it feels like some people may love traditional strat looks, though Legacy and S-500 have better features. Hm...weird

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Never underestimate the concept of resale value. Some people do buy instruments and gear with the idea that they want something that will keep up a sizeable part of what they paid for. Or just simply as an investment. These with Gibson that seems to be their biggest gimmick.

Is it weird? Sure, but it is as it is. You get a lesser brand that is just as good, or your own custom build guitar, even by the best of luthiers, and chances are when you sell them you will get only a fraction of what you would have gotten when you had orginally bought an expensive Fender or a Gibson.

I know about resale values would suck unless it's Gibson or Fender..... Even Gibson Sonex is doing well in the used market

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom