Furman Power Factor Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
I've got a Vox AC30TB made in Britain. It's got the Celestion Greenbacks in it. And I've been playing through for about a year now. And I've always thought it sounded stunning. But I was told by a really reliably accurate guitarist friend of mine that if I want it to really sound as good as it can sound, I need to buy a Furman Power Factor Pro. Then I looked at the price, saw they're $400 and blew it off. But I just bought one off of ebay for $185 (including shipping), which is a steal. Less than half the price of a new one. Anyway, I just got it. And I just used it today for the first time. I turned it on, plugged my Vox into it, and began to play. Holy mother of Jesus. It's like someone peeled back the film; the brights are incredible now. I highly recommend this.

furman_pwrf1.jpg

I'm very curious about this...
Can you please post a clip with a comparison a/b of your ampli sound with and without the furman? Where do you place it?...on the ground near the ampli?
Thanks.

Well, to answer your question, no. I can't post clips because when I record anything with my camera, it sounds nightmarish. So it wouldn't give a very good impression of the sound. As for where I place it? The ground next to the amp. It's nothing but a glorified surge protector... but supercharged. And it makes the amp sound even more incredible than it already did.

Back
Top Bottom