fretless bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
Hi im getting a fretless bass and im wanting to get it
fretted, does anyone know how much that might cost?
Also as far as playing u2 type stuff is it important to have frets?

No disrespect intended but this is an absolutely terrible idea for so many reasons that I simply can't be bothered to type them all up... Just look around for a leftie fretted bass, you will eventually find one in your price range,

yeah your right. but i was talking about the jaco pastorius bass and it is pretty cool.

I think it would be best to look elsewhere. Apart from the fact that you are wrecking a perfectly decent bass, the fret job will probably cost you about what it would cost to buy a decent leftie budget bass, assuming you were able to find a luthier who would do the work for you... by the way, if you want a bass to play U2 material a fretted bass is what you want, I can't think of a single U2 song that has a fretless bass on it.

Last edited:
You're going for a challenge, granted I've only been playing bass for about 9 months, but from what I've read, it's harder to play.

It would sound different for one. Though you could probably play a few Police songs, Sting played a fretless a few times.

I have been playing piano off and on for about 8 years but Mr. Clayton inspired me to learn all about the low end.

Back
Top Bottom