For anyone interested in a DIY Lovetone Doppelganger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muad'zin

Refugee
Always wanted that Lovetone Doppelganger but could never afford one? There's an Ebay sale going on right now of PCB's so you can build your own.

" Lovetone Doppelganger " workalike/clone PCB DIY like BYOC | eBay

The seller is a regular forum member of such DIY pedal forums as madbeanpedals, buildyourownclone and freestompboxes under the alias of Lacesensor. If there is anyone more obsessed with Lovetone pedals its Lacesensor and by now he must have bought and traced them all. Thanks to him we have verified schematics and layouts for almost every Lovetone pedal ever released. He regularly organizes groupbuys. I got pcb's for the Meatball and two Doppelgangers from him in the past so he's legit. This is the 3rd groupbuy for the Doppelganger and rather then organize everything through a forum groupbuy he's decided to sell them via Ebay. So I thought I'd give anyone here a chance to get one as well.

Build doc with information can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o575clc4oea6i42/Gigahearts_FX_DoubelGanger_2.1d_BuildGuide v5.pdf?dl=0

Thought I'd let you guys know. Even if you can't build pedals methinks its better to get one on the chance that maybe someday somebody can build it for you then to not get and wish you had one later on.

I couldn't afford any of those Lovetone pedals...until now, probably.

thinking of doing DIY in terms of guitar/pedal modding, thou......im not so good at soldering and all that (and no knowledge about electronics, as i refused to be an engineer and I'm in UMichigan, so go figure).

Then its probably not a good idea to start with a Doppelganger right away.

I started with no background in electronics. I still think I know barely the basics. But I started with doing Monte Allums mods, which are easy to do and step by step. So once you make a mistake, you will know it right away. Then buildyourownclone kits, best documented DIY kits on the market (they have a confidence booster starter kit for newbies also). And then on to sourcing my own pcb's and parts. And nowadays I prefer vero stripboard layouts, where you make your own pcb's. Very addictive hobby. Thankfully there are message boards, like the boards at buildyourownclone and madbeanpedals, full of friendly members who are willing to help newbies and where you can learn a lot of stuff. So friendly in fact it sometimes feel like they're being made in Stepford.

My advice, get the Doppelganger for future use, and either start simple with doing easy mods to commercial pedals first, easy builds like boosts and fuzzes and get cracking on the Doppelganger when you finally do feel ready.

Back
Top Bottom