Fender Tele

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge ran out of Post-It notes?

Is the 360 tele the same as the vertigo tele?

From all I've seen, heard and read, yes. It's the 1966 Fender Telecaster. Seems that it was used on HTDAAB. It's possible it could have been used on earlier material but I'd not read nor heard of it mentioned before the HTDAAB/Vertigo era. The Vertigo tour seems to be the first time it was used live.

It's a social security number scribed into the pick-guard, obviously from a previous owner :)

Keep in mind that edge owns many of these tele's. I spoke to Dallas on the afternoon of the last Aust show in Perth, he had just been to a guitar store and was holding yet another of these in a case straight from the store.

He had one done up with graffiti art in South America the other month, haven't seen that one since.

It's a social security number scribed into the pick-guard, obviously from a previous owner :)

Keep in mind that edge owns many of these tele's. I spoke to Dallas on the afternoon of the last Aust show in Perth, he had just been to a guitar store and was holding yet another of these in a case straight from the store.

He had one done up with graffiti art in South America the other month, haven't seen that one since.

I think it was the 1969 Telecaster that got the art job.

That wasn't in South America, the video appeared during that time. It was actually done in Paris, by a French artist. He played it in Paris as well.

Edge playing "Vertigo" with said Tele with the "art" - Paris 2010-09-18:
YouTube - ‪U2 Vertigo, Paris 2010-09-18‬‏

AND... From U2.com -
"Ahead of the show in Paris last September, the brilliant French artist Fabien Verschaere met up with Edge... and totally transformed the look of his Fender Telecaster.

Maybe you were in the audience that night wondering about that new guitar Edge was playing? Don't lose any more sleep over it. Here's your answer - in the fantastical imagination of a singular artist."

Funny that at wone poitnin the video, Edge says of the strings "I can just take them off and then put them back on. You mean DALLAS can. =o)

YouTube - ‪U2.COM : 'Force One'‬‏

He did NOT use it for "Get On Your Boots" for the same show:YouTube - ‪U2 Get On Your Boots, Paris 2010-09-18‬‏

Back
Top Bottom