Epiphone Explorer......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheHedge

The Fly
Dublin, Ireland, in a flower bed next to a tulip a
I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while, but reviews I've read on the net have put serious doubts in my mind.
I tried one out last week and like I'd heard, some of the frets buzzed constantly, has anyone else played one or owned one of these.
I think I'll wait a year and get myself a proper one from the custom shop, or maybe an Epiphone Les Paul.
I guess I just don't want to wait, I'd love a Gibson to go with my strat.

I have a Epiphone Custom Les Paul and its very very nice.
Not sure about the explorer, however

I that the one with the tremelo ? Leave it. I have a metalic red one. If you use the tremelo, it will go out of tune very quick and it is not heavy enough to give you a good sustain ( and ofcourse the screwed on neck won`t help ). I only use it now for the feedback ( viva punkmusic :) )

Read you, Rono.

BTW, the Yamaha pacifica types are good ones.

Last edited:
I've heard a lot of good things about the Epi Explorer. First off, it's made of Korina. Also, unless you are in a heavy rcok band, have bank, or really want to be the Edge, dropping $1,000 + on a Gibson Explorer is a a big investment. Save some benjamins and go with the Epi.

Oh how I'd love a Les Paul!

But my thinking is that if I'm going to splash out I might as well go the whole way and get a Gibson. Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get the money for it yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out...

I wanna sound like :edge:

Back
Top Bottom