Elevation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kustomForge

Babyface
What effect is used in the opening in elevation? I'm thinking its a kay fuzztone. If it is, is there any effects close to what the kay fuzztone was

Thanks
Forge

it's not the meatball -- the meatball is an envelope filter. it's a fuzz pedal (can't remember the name) that was converted to a rackmounted thing.

discothequeLP said:
it's not the meatball -- the meatball is an envelope filter. it's a fuzz pedal (can't remember the name) that was converted to a rackmounted thing.

I hear a lot of wah like filtering going on in in the Elevation intro and I see Edge rocking a big pedal during the intro. That to me says a wah like envelope filter is being used. Probably in conjuction with a fuzz but still being used.

It's a kay fuzztone housed in a wah casing that Edge is rocking back and forth live, not the meatball.

From what I remember the studio version was the Electrix Filter Factory.

i thought the filter factory was used for the solo. . . Edge has a filter factory in his rack (right?) but i dont think he uses it for the intro

I can't remember seeing the Filter Factory in action live, but it was definitely in his rack for the Elevation Tour. I read that the Factory was only used on the studio version , but maybe he did use it live for the solo.

The sound seems different on the Vertigo Tour compared to the Elevation version. I heard that on the Elevation tour it may have been a combo of the Factory & Rabb Fuzz. Dunno if thats true.

I am not sure if the FilterFactory was even used during the Elevation tour - it was in his rack but I think the intro was sampled as nobody was playing it (they were walking on stage as it played).

During the Vertigo tour, it is just the Kay Fuzztone. The original Kay Fuzztone and Edge's rebuilt one (now called the Raab Fuzz) is housed in a wah-like pedal and can do a frequency sweep much like a wah, but with the fuzz added. The frequency sweep is what you hear live, and it is probably Fuzztone into the FilterFactory set on an auto sweep on the album.

I had a clone built for me and it nails the Vertigo Elevation intro. It is a nasty sounding pedal (in a good way).

Back
Top Bottom