Electrical Storm just might be the

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The King Bono

Babyface
Electrical Storm is the best I've ever seen. I saw them at Cane's Saturday night and I couldn't imagine anyone doing Bono better. It's an impossibility I think.

I caught them last year. They have a different take on it than we do, but were entertaining nonetheless.

Joe, errr uhhh I mean King Bono, I see that this is your first post here on Inteference. Welcome!

Last edited:
These folks who try and emulate U2 are a joke. Its quite sad. I love U2 just as much if not more than any other fan, but I would never want to pretend to BE them lol. I prefer playing in an original band.

The Paradise said:
These folks who try and emulate U2 are a joke. Its quite sad. I love U2 just as much if not more than any other fan, but I would never want to pretend to BE them lol. I prefer playing in an original band.

To each their own Paradise. For every one of you who think tribute's are a "joke" or "sad" there's a thousand people who love what we do. Sure, there are some tributes that lack talent and who aren't very good at it, but there are some who ARE incredible. Also, not every tribute band's Bono, Edge, Adam, or Larry impersonator think that they are the real person. Are there some tribute players that are a bit whacked and think they are the person they are imitating?...Sure I'm speaking for my band when I say we're just normal guys with normal jobs and family's who just love playing U2's music. Don't tell me that you don't have an alter-ego when you're on stage playing in front of a bunch of people. Are you really that cool all the time?...Doubtfull. Chances are you're just like us "joke's" and you're a normal dude when not behind your instrument up on stage.

As far as original bands go, I've been there done that for 15 years touring the entire LA circuit and being signed to a label. It was fun and I learned a lot. Being in a tribute band is by far more fun than any original project I've ever been in. I'm 35, married, and have a 2 year old now. The dream of being in a successful original project or being a "Rock Star" are over for me personally. I have much more important things, in my opinion, to focus on now.

I enjoy my tribute band and the people that see us enjoy what we do.

Have fun and best of luck in your original endeavors.

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:

To each their own Paradise. For every one of you who think tribute's are a "joke" or "sad" there's a thousand people who love what we do. Sure, there are some tributes that lack talent and who aren't very good at it, but there are some who ARE incredible. Also, not every tribute band's Bono, Edge, Adam, or Larry impersonator think that they are the real person. Are there some tribute players that are a bit whacked and think they are the person they are imitating?...Sure I'm speaking for my band when I say we're just normal guys with normal jobs and family's who just love playing U2's music. Don't tell me that you don't have an alter-ego when you're on stage playing in front of a bunch of people. Are you really that cool all the time?...Doubtfull. Chances are you're just like us "joke's" and you're a normal dude when not behind your instrument up on stage.

As far as original bands go, I've been there done that for 15 years touring the entire LA circuit and being signed to a label. It was fun and I learned a lot. Being in a tribute band is by far more fun than any original project I've ever been in. I'm 35, married, and have a 2 year old now. The dream of being in a successful original project or being a "Rock Star" are over for me personally. I have much more important things, in my opinion, to focus on now.

I enjoy my tribute band and the people that see us enjoy what we do.

Have fun and best of luck in your original endeavors.

Jason.

Bravo, Jason. That was VERY well said. You never cease to amaze me, what talent you have, what humor you behold, and what a genuine kind-hearted soul you possess.

:hug:

~Kren

Back
Top Bottom