Effects on MOFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hey, what the hell is Edge using to get that amazing howling noise out of his guitar every-so-often in Mofo. Is he using a Pitch Shifter?

The pitch shifting stuff is done with a whammy pedal, the pedal can also be heard at the start of Even Better and various bits of Hold Me Thrill Me, and probably one or two others as well. Not sure what other stuff he's using for Mofo, probably lots of delay, compression, overdrive, etc. etc.

Mick

gragravar said:
The pitch shifting stuff is done with a whammy pedal, the pedal can also be heard at the start of Even Better and various bits of Hold Me Thrill Me, and probably one or two others as well.

Oh I know about those tracks. They first introudced me to Pitch Shifting stuff years back, just I was wondering if, by finally buying one, I could play that funny little bit from Mofo...nice added bonus as well as being able to make some kick ass noises with my guitar! :)

The 747 sound is a preset on a dedicated SDD-3000 along with the Whammy pedal and a fuzz face. For some amazing pics of the Elevation rig used by Edge check out the Huge Racks Inc site. Do a search and type in the word "Elevation" Go thru to the 2nd or 3rd page and a series of photo links will appear. Really cool, huge and closeup detail of the double wide effects rack. BTW, I am having Bob Bradshaw who built Edge's rack build me a scaled down version with 2 Korg SDD-3000's, Lovetone pedals, fuzzes, Wah, Tremolo, "Shimmer" effects generator, etc. I am searching the Philadelphia, PA area for a bassist, singer and drummer to assemble a killer U2 tribute band. Age range is 20's to 40's. I am 37 and semi-pro guitarist with 30 years playing experience and of course love U2 and The Edge. email me privately at trlaw88@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom