Edge's guitar slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody know where to get a guitar slide like edge uses on sycmioyo. It looks like a small brass thing that fits just over his first finger.

I think I have seen it online but now can't find it again

I can't remember what it was on... but the quote went something like this:

edge:"we've had to invent something..." and he was talking about how they had to invent this particular slide so that he could effortlessly play with the slide and then switch back to playing regular with all fingers. So he did say he invented it. People talked about it on here a couple times way back when the album was first going to come out.

Well, I have looked... and it looks like it was in a Hot Press interview or something. But here is a link that I could find that is in Italian lol, but Edge's quote isn't:

http://www.u2portugal.com/weblog/2004_11_01_u2ptarchive.html

It is way down on the page, and Edge says:

"We’ve had to invent a new thing, so I can switch from normal chords to playing slide in the middle of a song. It’s tiny, and fits on the tip of the finger. I’ll show you..."

I have actually been thinking of this myself. I really doubt there is anywhere to buy it... but I wonder if you could make it? Take a normal slide and cut it into just a ring?

i have a small slide for playing on 2-3 strings at a time, and its easy 2 switch 2 chords. i got mine in my local music store

You can really use any slide. I bought a Duncan slide for five bucks the other day and it plays just as good as the Edge's. Well, i'll never be able to get it JUST as good, but good enough for us civilians

Well... if it wasn't a "guitar first", then why did Edge have to invent it? He could have just gone and got one, and wouldn't have taken credit for inventing it.

Also, you can't just use any guitar slide because what the invention does is enable you to play slide and then go back to playing chords. If you use a real slide, one of your fingers is useless.

lol.... sorry, I just noticed bullettheblu86 at the end how you called us "civilians" hahahaha i love it.

True. What finger do you all use your slide on? I think I prefer it on the ring finger.

Back
Top Bottom