Edge's Goldtop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So on this tour I'm sure Edge does not use gold top and he doesn't even carry one. but I am now wondering about his godltop les paul.

so when i went to this music store a while ago (pretty sure it was like a month or 2 months ago) i saw this gold top Les Paul made in 80s. the tag said it's 30th Anniversary Les Paul; it had its pickup covers taken out, pickguard removed all that but it was mostly stock. i naturally wanted it but it was more than 1000 dollars and i couldn't pay that much money for some 30 year old guitar which wasn't in perfect conditions.

so....i know Edge's gold top is made in 80s so is his gold Les Paul 30th anniversary edition? or was there another gold top models that wasn't 30th anniversary? this is for pure curiosity and I'm not necessarily looking for some used Goldtops or anything.

right, the one i saw at the store had 30th anniversary thing inscribed around 12th(?) fret as well. i think it also had some 30th anniversary-related writing on the headstock but i might be absolutely wrong here.

Edge using the SG for 3 tunes in Dallas, TX 5/26/17

Edge using the SG for 3 tunes in Dallas, TX[ 5/26/17/B]

A bit more Gibson SG use than normal in Dallas, TX.

Friday night in Dallas the Edge used his `66 SG for the first time during the tour and decided to use it for THREE songs, 'Beautiful Day', 'Elevation' and 'I Will Follow'.

Pretty cool! I'd like to see it used more. Even better if he pulled out the Pelham Blue `65 SG from time to time.

DALLAS MAY 26, 2017
CHECK THE LINK BELOW:
https://youtu.be/3swbcCRgaFs

Back
Top Bottom