Edge's Fernandes Native Pro Sustainer Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Edge15

The Fly
Used for 'With Or Without You' on the Elevation tour, I heard that the Native Pro neck was swapped for a Decade neck,the pickups were changed,and that the guitar had a Metallic Green finish.

What happened to it?
Why did it not appear on the Vertigo tour?

Give the ric to this guy
Rickenbacker_guitar_reference_Richard_Smith_1966_colin_jones_pete_townshend_psychedelic_rocknroll.jpg

They borrowed a few Rickenbackers from Boston Guitarworks.

One was a bound 360 George Harrison model. Edge didn't use it. He signed it. It was on the Boston Guitarworks site for ages. They eventually sold it.

Boston Guitarworks said they they loaned him a black 360. That is probably the one used in the Boston DVD.

There was a black Rick 330 on the Vertigo tour. Edge never played it in a show, that I know of. But I did see Dallas play / walk it around the catwalk in Arizona and… I think San Jose. I'm guessing the black was a backup or back to the backup?

Black 360 on the Vertigo tour? Not that I am aware. I don't recall seeing Dallas or Edge with it.

I know his original Fireglo Ric that he kicked in Boston was destroyed

The original `67 Fireglo is the one that Edge threw and kicked in Boston. It was repaired in short order, only to die in the HQ flood in Jan/Feb 2002 (when U2 were playing the Super Bowl show).

Used for 'With Or Without You' on the Elevation tour, I heard that the Native Pro neck was swapped for a Decade neck,the pickups were changed,and that the guitar had a Metallic Green finish.

What happened to it?
Why did it not appear on the Vertigo tour?

The metallic green Native Pro was a custom job. Edge preferred the Decade style neck and had that put on when he ordered it.

Most Natives have traditional size hum buckers too. Edge custom ordered his with Hot Rails, had a new pick guard cut and the Decade style next installed.

This one died in the flood (per Dallas and per a chap at Fernandes that I had made friends with).

I'd actually called Fernandes not long after the flood. That us how I first learned of the flood, the custom aspects of the Native Pro and the 'With Or Without You' RetroRocket; which they shopped to Dallas/Edge the day I called.

In fact, the dude at Fernandes laughed and said: "I just got off the phone w/ Dallas -so it's funny you called about Edges guitars when you (I) did."

I'd actually called Fernandes not long after the flood. That us how I first learned of the flood, the custom aspects of the Native Pro and the 'With Or Without You' RetroRocket; which they shopped to Dallas/Edge the day I called.

In fact, the dude at Fernandes laughed and said: "I just got off the phone w/ Dallas -so it's funny you called about Edges guitars when you (I) did."

wow thats super awesome

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom