Edge's Explorer and "It Might Get Loud"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
If you have the "It Might Get Loud" DVD, you will learn something fun...

In the film there is a picture of the window of Stuyvesant Music Inc. In that picture of the store window, you see an Explorer bass.

But it then cut to a show of INSIDE a guitar store. In that picture of inside of a guitar store is actually inside of Stuyvesant. THAT Explorer shown hanging on the wall in the picture is apparently the exact Explorer that The Edge bought.

The IMGL producers and director mention that they saw the picture of the receipt in U2 By U2. They found the owner of the now closed store. The owner said that he took pictures every week of what was on the wall to keep records. He looked at the picture of Edge's receipt, went to his files and produced that picture for the Director/Producers of IMGL.

So that is sort of cool/sort of fun.

I'm so sad that Stuyvesant Music is closed :( I live close to there and wanted to go there just to see where Edge bought the famous Explorer, the guitar I would die for!

Saw it today and man that is the coolest film! Getting to see things from each guitarists perspective. Really a good film. My parents both watched it and said it was interesting. Even my mom, who doesn't really know much about music thought it was really cool. My dad, who's a drummer, really enjoyed it. What I really laughed at was...
the scenes from A Day in the Life of The Edge.:lol:
I was most interested in Edge's part of the film but Page and White show a cool side of the film as well. Page I like and he's one of my top influences but White is fairly new to me. He does have some ideas but he isn't in the same league as Edge and Page. No offense to Jack White. He's a good guitarist. He's gotten far so much :applaud: to him. I do like some of the work he did with the Racoteuners. 5 Star film!:D:up:

Edge and Dallas still go to Rudy's on 48th. Rudy's had done some repair work on Edge's guitars too.

I love Rudys. I've talked to him before and he told me that Dallas is his tennis partner. The room in the back with all the pedals, thats where Edge played...

Back
Top Bottom