Edge's cream LPs 2015 and future use? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 07:12 AM
Edge's cream LPs 2015 and future use?

Well, the two cream LPs, the one with the black knobs and the clone of the original have not made any appearances on the current tour. With Edge seemingly using Music Rising LPs alot now, I wonder, will we ever see him use either of the cream LPs again?

The reason I brought this up is the fact that they debuted Zoo Station in Berlin last night, and Edge used a pink MR LP, not a cream LP as before.

The Edge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 02:12 AM
Yeah I noticed this as well. Have to say though, his Music Rising 's are some of the best looking guitars I've seen IMO. I really want one haha

RoKKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge15 View Post
Well, the two cream LPs, the one with the black knobs and the clone of the original have not made any appearances on the current tour. With Edge seemingly using Music Rising LPs alot now, I wonder, will we ever see him use either of the cream LPs again?

The reason I brought this up is the fact that they debuted Zoo Station in Berlin last night, and Edge used a pink MR LP, not a cream LP as before.

Seems that they have tried to cut down on guitars some. Other than the constant flow of Strats as they are trying out various versions for the Signature guitar.

That said: The goldtop is tuned and capoed. And he's got two main MR LP's (one in Standard, one in E flate) plus a spare or two so... no need for the others.
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:12 AM
I think Edge's fine with using Mardi Gras LP for anything at this point, I mean, they're LP standard (in 2005/2006 spec) after all, i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Is there possibility that all the different strats we've seen are just parts assembled on tour or did he just bring that many strats?
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

As for the cloned 1975 LP Custom... from what I've heard, they got the look down for certain. But that clone was no where near as great in tone. Hence, it was used for Walk On and Unknown called for 360 - And only Walk On by the tours end.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

wow E_O we almost posted simultaneously.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
I think Edge's fine with using Mardi Gras LP for anything at this point, I mean, they're LP standard (in 2005/2006 spec) after all, i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Is there possibility that all the different strats we've seen are just parts assembled on tour or did he just bring that many strats?
There are 9 new Strats. That said, all of them have had various parts changed and tested as they are finding the right combinations for the Signature Edge Strat.

Still unknown is if there will be more than one model. One with and one without a sustainer would be a good idea.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I thought that Edge's gonna play his Duo Jet extensively as he's with Fender now. well I was so wrong about that despite the fact that Edge (kinda) sold his soul to Fender. (I'm joking, clearly)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
I thought that Edge's gonna play his Duo Jet extensively as he's with Fender now. well I was so wrong about that despite the fact that Edge (kinda) sold his soul to Fender. (I'm joking, clearly)
I thought the Duo Jet might be used too. But again, what is in the video doesn't mean it was used in the recording.

And yes, he's signed a deal with Fender that seems to have him doing some 'unnatural things' (ie: Playing Fender acoustics)

I think that it could be interesting if he had FCS make him a Fender Electric XII. (Or if he bought/used a vintage version)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #10
Refugee

I LOVE Fenders, they're my favorite go to guitars, but the only true Edge signature guitar can only be that '76 Explorer.
Muad'zin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I actually love his black body/guard, rosewood fingerboard strat because of how it looks different. or New "blackie"

anyway, I guess Edge finally decided to be brand royal. good news? i really cant tell; what if goes thru "fuck Fender, imma playing PRS/Duesenberg" type of phase like John Mayer? that'll be hilarious
Old 09-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Edge's cream LPs 2015 and future use?

Quote:
I actually love his black body/guard, rosewood fingerboard strat because of how it looks different. or New "blackie"

anyway, I guess Edge finally decided to be brand royal. good news? i really cant tell; what if goes thru "fuck Fender, imma playing PRS/Duesenberg" type of phase like John Mayer? that'll be hilarious

Duesenberg are great guitars. There would be no shame in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'zin View Post
I LOVE Fenders, they're my favorite go to guitars, but the only true Edge signature guitar can only be that '76 Explorer.

Gibson already proved that while they can get a guitar to look like the original, tone-wise... Not-so-much. Hence the cloned 1975 LP Custom isn't being used.

Add to that, Dallas has a good long-standing relationship w/Fender (+ Gretsch) due to previous work on the Irish Falcon, Bono's green Thin-line Telecaster and the two Clayton signature basses they've made... Add a spot on the Fender Board... they have a closer relationship with Fender (Gretsch) that they don't have with Gibson

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
Old 09-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Plus Gibson's CEO is an asshole who's running the company into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:59 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
Plus Gibson's CEO is an asshole who's running the company into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
sad to say it but it's true (but i've heard that they're gonna remove electric tuners form now on, models are gonna be normal again, apparently). I actually like what Gibson Memphis is doing rather than USA division. more care to details and they know how to replicate "vintage-ness" as possible
Old 09-26-2015, 05:07 AM   #15
War Child

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1443261986.816146.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	10460here is the cream les paul on backstage on this tour. with capo. maybe End of the world spare guitar

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

Rockhound252 is offline   Reply With Quote