Edge w/orange flamed-maple top LP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
What were YOU doing on the 20th Anniversary of the Red Rocks show? The Edge was playing a guest spot at Danny Lanois' show in Hollywood - June 5, 2003.

I'm still trying to find out if the orange flamed maple top LP in these pics is one of Edge's, Daniel Lanois', a friends or a rental for the gig.

The interesting part was that even with just the LP, an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man and a vintage Vox -- still had that "Edge-sound" (tm)

Was a great treat to see Daniel Lanois play. I try to see him whenever he plays in L.A. But it was an extra special night when The Edge showed up to play along on three tunes.

"Falling At Your Feet"

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-3rd.jpg

"Still Water"

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-StillWater-2.jpg

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-LA-2jpg.jpg

That is Brian Blade on drums. If you've not seen him play, you are missing out. Great drummer. Like Danny, he can get a lot of 'feel' and 'emotion' out of his instrument. He's got some of his own records and has played with Danny for ages. He's in Dan's latest project Black Dub. If you get the chace to see Dan play, Brian play or both together... DON'T MISS IT.

I saw Black Dub last month at the Bowery Ballroom. It was a very good show, and possibly the best sounding show I've ever been too. Very well mixed.

I saw Black Dub last month at the Bowery Ballroom. It was a very good show, and possibly the best sounding show I've ever been too. Very well mixed.

Very cool. Glad you liked it. They are fun to see/hear.

Isn't it amazing how Daniel uses the volume knob to get overdrive? Ht gets such a fantastic tone and can still get a great attack without using a pick.

And anyone that wants to 'hate' on Gibson mini-humbuckers need only hear Daniel play his Firebird to hear that they can sound quite good.

Indeed. Although for this show, he used his Goldtop LP for everything except the one pedal steel song. I would have loved to have seen the Firebird though.

Oh the sounds he gets from that GT!:drool: I saw him on a special they had on DirecTV's 101. It was really cool seeing just a drummer and guitarist, workin' it out creating some real music! He did not use the Firebird (at least from my (horrible) memory). Danny's a really artistic musician imo.

As for Edge and the LP, pretty cool seeing him using a different model/finish. I'd like to see him use some other models of LP's. Don't know why, I guess it would just be interesting.:lol: Really cool photos too!:D:up:

does anyone else think its funny that colour aside, danny and edge are both wearing the same thing? jeans, t-shirt, knit cap, Les paul.

I doubt that'd be a rental btw. Probs dannys.

Edge looks like he's slimmed down!

does anyone else think its funny that colour aside, danny and edge are both wearing the same thing? jeans, t-shirt, knit cap, Les paul.

I doubt that'd be a rental btw. Probs dannys.

Edge looks like he's slimmed down!

1. What they are wearing. Someone in the audience did make a comment about "Men in caps" to which Edge and Danny laughed.
  2. As for the LP, could be any number of possibilities. Could have been Dan's. Could have been Edge's. Could be one that he keeps at the Malibu home. SIR instrument rentals is near the venue in question, so it could have been that too.
  3. And as for Edge looking slimmed down, that pic was from 2003.
:up:

1. What they are wearing. Someone in the audience did make a comment about "Men in caps" to which Edge and Danny laughed.
  2. As for the LP, could be any number of possibilities. Could have been Dan's. Could have been Edge's. Could be one that he keeps at the Malibu home. SIR instrument rentals is near the venue in question, so it could have been that too.
  3. And as for Edge looking slimmed down, that pic was from 2003.
:up:

:laugh: 2003, hilarious!

:laugh: 2003, hilarious!

Danny had been on KCRW that morning and said he'd have some special guests. Some speculated it'd be Bono as he sang on "Falling At Your Fee" and he was in CA for Christy Turlington's wedding the following weekend.

But when we got into the theatre, I was up front next to the stage. I was looking at the various bits of gear, as I 'nerd-ily' do. And I saw a Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man delay pedal with a piece of tape on it that simple said: EDGE.

That was the early clue to me that he might be there.

Later in the show Dan had his sister come up and sing on a song with him. She went to the 2nd mic and taped it. It didn't appear to be on. Danny said in his mic, to the soundman, "Can you turn on Edge's mic". The crowd was buzzing when we heard that; confirmation!

Two songs later... Edge was out to sing and play "Falling At Your Feet" (from Daniel's "Shine" album). Next, Edge played slide on "Still Water" (from Daniel's "Acadie" album) and then he and Daniel sang/played "I Still Haven't Found..."

I got a bootleg of that show somewhere... I gotta find it...

Back
Top Bottom