Edge using a Line 6 M9?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yamaha CP70 stage piano... It was midi'd up to the DX7 on the JT tour for songs like MLK.
It was Zoo TV onwards that it became a bit more funky. It's well known that Des Broadbery ran the Keyboards for U2 for about 12 years in underworld. There was an article in a music magazine in the 90s showing his rig during the Zoo TV tour. Edges controller keyboard would have more than likley been midi'd to the Akai s1100 during Zoo and Popmart tours...The Akai was used for Larrys click track also.... Edges sequencer pedals would have been linked to this rig during Zoo/Popmart tours. Take a listen to the Popmart rehearsals on YouTube and you will hear Jo oheirhly talking to Des and referencing the Akai. I'm pretty sure that Terry Lawless would either be using Mainstage or a Muse Receptor in his current rig...

wow that's so informative....I barely know about keyboard/MIDI triggering rig.

Zoo TV

Zoo TV keyboard rig in underworld

Left Rack

Top unit Unknown
2nd unit could be midi interface
Kong sdd2000
Korg A3
Yamaha spx 90
16 ch mixer

Right Rack

Top possibly opcode interface
Akai s1100
Early se/30 Mac
Dx7 in the drawer

Edge triggered samples and video live from his Bradshaw controller

Also Edge used a midi gate linked in with Larrys drums to produce the heavy Tremelo effect used on Zoo TVs version of I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Early keyboards include an Oberheim Obx for Unforgettable fire and Joshua Tree albums

Fairlight was used on the recording of The Unforgettable Fire song for the strings and Orchestra Hits probably the famous Orch 5 preset. Dx7 Rhodes Piano plus Cp70 Piano.

Emu Emax used for Joshua Tree tour for triggering samples such as the extra slide guitar during Bullet the Blus Sky's chorus and Solina Strings sample used for R&H version of streets...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom