Edge tone on a vox ad-30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
i finally got my ad-30 (not ac incase you thought i mis-spelt :wink: ) and i haven't got a clue about any of Edges amp settings, delay etc. so can anyone help me out?:wink:

also if anyone would happen to know anything about john fruciantes (RHCP) tone id very much appriciate it!:reject:

i take it you have AD30VT - the new vox valvetronix amp.

If, so i have one - i use these setting to get a rough edge tone and tweak it for different songs.

Treble - Max - all the way up.
Middle - pointer straight up - so its in the middle of max and min
Bass - Min - all the way down.

Gain i have at about 1/4 way from min - put play around with this for different song depending on how much a distorted sound you want

lol, thats basically they way i already have it. :lol:

how bout delay?

speed etc?

i just turned the knob all the way to the right for want of a better setting. :shrug:

ive played about with the delay and other effects on there. But to be honest i dont think they sound all that good and are fairly limited.

Delay wise - i just use the tab tempo to set a selay time that i think roughly goes with the song im playing and use the knob t adjust the intendity / feedback of the delay.

The auto wah is quite fun to mess about with - although ive not really found much 'proper' use for it other than to just mess with it. You should try playing Crumbs from your table with it on and put some distortion into it......sounds weird.

The amp models are quite good as well....The numetal one is insane. Edge wise i just use AC30TB model.

yea, i tried to get a mysterious ways thing going with the wah, but not close enough.

i put the gain up and put on the wah, along with my cry baby pedal, and boy did it sound freaky! :ohmy:

i managed to get a very good SHFWILF and Bad tone tho. :up:

bfoster88 said:
i take it you have AD30VT - the new vox valvetronix amp.

If, so i have one - i use these setting to get a rough edge tone and tweak it for different songs.

Treble - Max - all the way up.
Middle - pointer straight up - so its in the middle of max and min
Bass - Min - all the way down.

Gain i have at about 1/4 way from min - put play around with this for different song depending on how much a distorted sound you want

This is exactly the way i do it. I have a VOX AD50VT with a Telecaster guitar. I choose the AC30TB amp model and can get a pretty good sound that way. There's no need for a lot of effect pedals. I am just using the Chorus/delay effect on the amp. By turning the gain knob i get the right distortion.

Back
Top Bottom