Edge Signature Strat thoughts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah I frequently check US guitar magazines and websites (because somehow they tend to disclose new products in US much earlier in US than in Japan) and the price they disclose there and the price that's actually sold in here Japan are different; it's almost, like added 200 bucks, somehow!

Oh yeah I've definitely had duties and taxes to pay before but all the other websites or ebay sellers i've bought from have warned in advance or it's been covered by a high(ish) shipping fee.
This just smacks of sharp practice, they must know there's no way in hell people overseas would order if they knew the final cost of getting it to them. Like I said, lesson learned it's my own fault for not double checking really.

Cheers for heads up.
So just confirming, this is the 3 edge strat pups with the flat magnets?

Yep! :up:

Last edited:
yeah I frequently check US guitar magazines and websites (because somehow they tend to disclose new products in US much earlier in US than in Japan) and the price they disclose there and the price that's actually sold in here Japan are different; it's almost, like added 200 bucks, somehow!

The odd thing is, sometimes stuff that's made in the EU still costs more in the EU then when on offer in the US. EU consumers are getting screwed somehow.

Oh yeah I've definitely had duties and taxes to pay before but all the other websites or ebay sellers i've bought from have warned in advance or it's been covered by a high(ish) shipping fee.
This just smacks of sharp practice, they must know there's no way in hell people overseas would order if they knew the final cost of getting it to them. Like I said, lesson learned it's my own fault for not double checking really.

Some US sites warn for this. Ebay sometimes lists import duties as well, so you pay them upfront. And some sites don't. To them foreign customers are either only an afterthought (the US market alone is vast!), or not something they want to discourage by scaring them with high shipping costs and potential customs duties.

As for your experience, it's the way it is. It's like ordering airplane tickets, where the shops offer tempting low fares. But since they always list in small letters 'starting from' you basically know its click bait, and you'll always end up paying more. Same with ordering from the US. You'll always end up paying more as you will never get the free shipping US customers will get, and as an extra benefit the taxman will give you an arse rape to boot.

The odd thing is, sometimes stuff that's made in the EU still costs more in the EU then when on offer in the US. EU consumers are getting screwed somehow.

*that moment when Roland or Yamaha products made in Asia somehow costs less in US than japan*

Back
Top Bottom