Edge Pedals in studio.../ What might make the tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Edge Pedals in studio.../ What might make the tour?

It will be interesting to see and hear which of the pedals on the picture Edge tweeted in November 2009 will make the album and that might be added to the touring rig.

edge_pedals_nov_2009.jpg

TOP row L-R:
Boss Fender Bassman pedal (TO BE CONFIRMED)
Cyber Psychic - parametric oscillo filter
Moog Moogerfooger Murf- Multiple Resonance Filter Array
Moog Moogerfooger MF 102 - Ring Modulator
Electro-Harmonix Holier Grail - Reverb

PEDAL BELOW the Boss Fender Bassman & Cyber Psychic:
MXR Custom Audio Electronics Boost / Overdrive

BOTTOM row L-R:
Electro-Harmonix POG
MXR DynaComp
Digitech SynthWah
Ampeg Scrambler
Digitech WH-1 Whammy

The pedalboard pictured above seems to have some of the same items that were seen on a similar pedalboard during the NLOTH sessions. In fact, as the screencap (below)doesn't show the whole board, it may have all of the same pedals.
NLOTH Sessions (screen cap from U2.com video)

Edge-Pedalboard-NLOTH_Sessions.jpg

Row 1 is the row closest to Edge.
Row 2 farther away from Edge. Pedals are listed from Left to Right.

Row 1 (L-R):
Digitech Synth Wah
Ampeg Scrambler.
Digitech WH-1 Whammy Pedal

Row 2 (L-R):
Moog Moogerfooger MF 102 - Ring Modulator
Electro-Harmonix "Holier Grail" [Reverb/Gate]
(The 3rd pedal/Far right/top of the pedalboard Appears to be an Electro-Harmonix "Electric Mistress" [flanger / filter matrix]. (Unconfirmed)

Whatever happened to the whole custom/prototype guitar that he and Dallas were supposedly designing?

Who said they were designing a guitar? I've heard that rumour before but I don't remember it being substantiated.

I could see a Manson type guitar with onboard effects... like Matt Bellamy of Muse has had made for him but other than that...

He loves old guitars. Dallas has constantly talked about Edge liking "vintage" guitars. Take that with the fact he's been buying up 1976 Explorers left and right... While I suppose it's possible but I don't know that there will be a custom guitar.

Also... Edge has avoided a "signature" model guitar. I don't think he's fond of the idea. That can be seen by the variety of what he does use. So IF... the big IF... Edge did have Manson or another company make something for him... I probably wouldn't be a "signature" model that we could buy at the local Guitar Center or Sam Ash... etc.

Back
Top Bottom