edge new ac-30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eventide

The Fly
Hi a friend of mine was lucky enough to be at hanover quay yesterday and he met Dallas Shoo who told him that The Edge was taking custody of a brand new ac-30 that very day, strange for a guitarist that uses mainly vintage amps.
I wonder what new toys he has used for the recording of the new album anyone know????

He also met Bono and has confirmed that the album is almost complete and that u2 will begin an 18 months world tour next year!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!?!?!??

so the album will still be out in oct. and touring in 09???

SWEET!!!!!!!!!

you should post this in EYKIW

and yeah that new amp. must have something to do w/ edges new molten metal sound

All i know is that a van pulled up outside hanover quay and that there was a new ac-30 unboxed delivered to the door that Dallas took inside it may be for Bono who knows??????

I do know that danny lanois is going back to canada for a week then he will be going back to hanover quay to join brian eno for a couple of weeks to polish off the album.

No I did not meet Bono my friend Matt met Bono Dallas Sam and Danny and he saw Edge pull up to the studio but Edge did not come out to talk!!!!

It is not bull believe me.

I have some photos so pm me your email address and i will send them to you!!!!

Dallas had been to get Edge a new korg rackmount tuner and Matt met him on his return to hanover quay.

Also he met a long haired tall american guy who apparentley plays keyboards for u2.I am aware that U2 use a guy live but didnt know that they used him in the studio!!!!!

i didnt know that either. i thought edge did that stuff.
was your friend waiting to meet edge? im surprised he didnt stop and say something. i thought he was usually the guy who did alot.

i cant PM you but id like to see the pics

angelxinxdevilshoes@yahoo.com

Also he met a long haired tall american guy who apparentley plays keyboards for u2.I am aware that U2 use a guy live but didnt know that they used him in the studio!!!!! [/B]

Terry Lawless, right?

I bet when he records in the studio, they make him play his parts in the basement, as opposed to underneath the stage. Hehe.

Could be Terry????

I met Matt last night and he said that this keyboard guy plays on the albums and gets paid a fair wedge for his duties but recieves no royalty!!!!

Matt has been a few times to hanover quay just waiting outside to see who pops up and has met bono twice (lucky sod)

Edge just drive through the shutter door never to be seen again that day but i guess he likes to get stuck into his work!!!!

pacemaker said:

Terry Lawless, right?

I bet when he records in the studio, they make him play his parts in the basement, as opposed to underneath the stage. Hehe.

I think it's a disgrace Terry has to play underneath the stage, just so other U2 can pretend it's just 4 guys on stage. Either stop pretending and bring him out or pay the price for the 4 guys on stage act and have a simpeler sound.

PS. and sack that git McGuinness!

Not to sure if it was brand new but Matt said that it looked mint so it may be brand new. Edge must have loads..'I spoke to Dallas on the popmart tour and they had 15 ac-30s on tour with them.

Back
Top Bottom