Edge Deluxe amp is coming soon too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow 2 news at once?

it still feels weird that Edge has any sig. gear but it's just me. Do you think these (edge amp and strat)will be the long-term addition to fender product lineup like Clapton strata or they're limited edition or special-release type of things?

I imagine they'll be in the catalog for 2016 but after that.... Even the Clapton line didn't last long. Signature amps are a niche item. Those that want them get them fairly soon. They are pricey to start with... And then sales die, as those that want them buy them in the first year.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

At €2400 it's probably cheaper to mod a Blues Deluxe or a Hot Rod Deluxe. Even if you have to pay some technician. As long as you have the right schematic that is.

Well does Edge realize that he can create whatever amp sounds he wants with his 4 Axe-Fx, right? I mean he's apparently listed in the artist section of Fractal Audio.

I understand why Edge is having his signarure series and special editions now with Fender, but still:

Special editions and signature guitars should be linked closely to what you associate with an artist. And when I think of Edge, I don't think of a Fender Tweed but VOX to start with. Edge just started using Fender amps heavily after 2005.. what about the 30 years before that?

Strat I can understand (though Explorer is also the obvious choice here), but if Strat then pls a copy of his Black strat and not just any normal one.

Some weird choices I have to say.

I understand why Edge is having his signarure series and special editions now with Fender, but still:

Special editions and signature guitars should be linked closely to what you associate with an artist. And when I think of Edge, I don't think of a Fender Tweed but VOX to start with. Edge just started using Fender amps heavily after 2005.. what about the 30 years before that?

Strat I can understand (though Explorer is also the obvious choice here), but if Strat then pls a copy of his Black strat and not just any normal one.

But isn't it true that Edge has used Fender amps in the studio even before he used them live? some songs like SBS are tracked with Fender, I have heard.

Could well be, I'm not saying he never used Fender (Blues Jr. has been on board since ZooTV e.g.), but what I mean is that I associate edge with a cap, an Explorer and a Vox amp. :)

It'd be just as strange as e.g. Line6 having an Edge Echo Edition (EEE sounds awesome by the way). When I think of Edge and Delay I think of DMM and/or SDD3K.

It's tenuous, I agree but is it any stranger then Gibson releasing a Jimi Hendrix signature Stratocasterish guitar? Business is not about what's ideal, it's about what's possible. Edge is currently heavily involved with Fender so this is what we will get. And while the Fender Custom Shop could easily release clones of Edge's Explorer and AC30, we can all agree that will simply never happen for obvious reasons.

Could well be, I'm not saying he never used Fender (Blues Jr. has been on board since ZooTV e.g.), but what I mean is that I associate edge with a cap, an Explorer and a Vox amp. :)

It'd be just as strange as e.g. Line6 having an Edge Echo Edition (EEE sounds awesome by the way). When I think of Edge and Delay I think of DMM and/or SDD3K.

Actually it makes perfect sense for Line6 to have an Edge Echo Edition. 95% of all the sounds in my PODs are clones of famous sounds created by others, not Line6 originals. The info section about the stereo delay preset basically is all about Edge and WTSHNN. Not to mention that Edge has been an avid user of Line6 gear for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom