Edge and Marshall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, at this point of my Edge-fandom, I know he's mostly used Vox, Fender (and Randall from the late 80s to the entirety of 90s), amp-wise. He mostly relies on Vox to get his majestic clean tones and he incorporate some Fender here and there, especially when he goes for "rock" sounds with good low-ends.

But, i can't help wondering about his usage on his Marshalls. I know he had a Marshall amp in the underground area in 360 tour, possibly as a backup. He also had one in his studio/HQ, which can be seen in It Might Get Loud and some other BBC interviews. Also, he had said that "playing big E chords thru Marshall is very rewarding experience." Also, I remember reading about Edge using Digitech rack preamps (one of those digital preamps with tubes, like 2101) to get JCM800-esque gain sounds for some songs like HMTMKMKM.

So....... how had he used Marshall amps thru-out his career? I know the amp he had was JMP so it must not be high-gain sound or anything like that, but I cant really hear marshall sounds from Edge or U2 in general. I'm asking this because I am recently becoming in love with Marshall/classic rock sounds in general.

Back
Top Bottom