Edge and Adam's amp setups Innocence And Experience Tour 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Edge15

The Fly
Well, I went through The Tonight Show promo footage, and got a brief screenshot of Edge's amps for the tour.

The main old Vox AC30 is not there, neither is the second old AC30 that Edge has used in the past,but two White AC30s are. These look like the amp that Bono used on 360, as well as the amps that Edge used on The Graham Norton Show when they played The Miracle last year.

Looks like there are 3 Fender Tweeds on top too.

As for Adam, there are no stacks of Aguilar cabinets visible, yet alone any clearly visible amp. What is he using?

These promo shows can tell a lot, but we always have to keep in mind that they're using a different scaled down rig. If he got some new amps Dallas is probably dancing with joy that he no longer has to keep all these old falling apart war horses going. No original SDD-3000's, no TC2290's, no Korg A3's, now maybe no more decade old Vox amps, it would make his job a lot easier. This is shaping up to be the most radical departure in the Edge's equipment since his first foray's into midi controllers in the 80's.

Adam is using this (i would say): Ampeg Heritage B-15N

Ampeg: Heritage Series - B-15N

Yes, I think he used that on The Graham Norton Show back in October. Is he using multiple ones, as one is surely not enough for a big arena,unless of course he has it mic'd with loads of microphones?

Interesting now he seems to have gone back to Ampeg after years with Ashdown and Aguilar.

It must only be a recent change, as it looks like he used Aguilar cabinets in the video for 'Invisible'.

Yes, I think he used that on The Graham Norton Show back in October. Is he using multiple ones, as one is surely not enough for a big arena,unless of course he has it mic'd with loads of microphones?

If need be you could perfectly play an arena, or a stadium with just a single mike or DI output. After all, it's not like you have to rock the whole arena with a single amp.

Interesting now he seems to have gone back to Ampeg after years with Ashdown and Aguilar.

It must only be a recent change, as it looks like he used Aguilar cabinets in the video for 'Invisible'.

Some musicians stick to brands for life, and some have like celebrity marriages with them. :shrug:

Is it possible that edge is using these new amps for only promo shows and he is going to use his real ones for the tour? I feel like looks can be deceiving as electronics of his old ones can be rehoused to he newer chassis. Or his can be cloned to match the specs. Hm....

These are not Promo show amps, these are the real ones for the actual tour shows.

This is not footage from a promo show, it is the sneak peek footage from the Tonight show that was shown on the show that gave fans a taste of what the tour would be like.

Plus the 2 AC30 3 Fender configuration is the configuration that Edge used on both 360 and Vertigo, hence the reason why there are that many amps on stage.

The promo show rig for The tonight Show was much smaller, with only one Fender Tweed amp. This is not detailing the amps used on the promo show for Angel Of Harlem, Beautiful Day and Song For Someone on Friday, this is the amp set up for the tour, which starts in 2 days.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Adam used the Ampeg for all Promo-Shows. It's a flip top and easy to handle. In studio I saw an Aguilar ag500 dual channel with a 112s cab. And tomorrow we will know what he is using on a big stage. I think he is still using Aguilar there on stage.

I will post a stage pic later when am home.
There is 3 fenders...
Fender-Harvard-Fender
2 x White Vox AC30-Vox AC30

Voxs look new addtions but who knows for
Sure if one is customised ie his old number 1
Put into new casing ect I doubt very much.

You can see the amps on his CAE RS-T 40 controller

Theres another pic of his RS-T 40 and one of the white
Vox amp settings I will upload later too.

yeah Dallas in underworld.. hopefully get a rack/rig tour maybe premier guitar
and sum guitar magazines :) loads of time for it.also read HBO were filming a
tour documentary

I already did send them a message via you tube but
Actually forgot to mention Adam (sorry Adam)
Yeah if you get in touch with them ask them:)
Ohh seen sum latest pics of the opening night
The two white AC30s are gone and now two
Normal AC30s are these his older ones with
new cloth ect or different ones??

In the video of Out of Control i see the fenders and i believe theres one replacement fender behind each amp. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, look on Youtube there are videos of Out of control and I will follow, there are other fenders behind the main ones.

And we can now confirm..

The old Vox amps are back, white ones are gone.

BUT, look closely at the Vox logos. They are both the large gold current Vox logo, not the small one on Edge's original........

This could hint that Edge's main AC30 is no longer with them on the road, or has been rehoused

Not a Reverso, but a Warwick Stryker.

Apparently he completely abandoned his very own signature bass, which is the weirdest thing I have ever seen from a musician :)

But maybe I am just pissed, because I bought one, although I don't like it and now it isn't even used anymore....;)

Not a Reverso, but a Warwick Stryker.

Apparently he completely abandoned his very own signature bass, which is the weirdest thing I have ever seen from a musician :)

But maybe I am just pissed, because I bought one, although I don't like it and now it isn't even used anymore....;)

Like I said, celebrity marriages, they never last.

The way I see it, recreations of Clapton's Blackie, Gilmour's black strat, SRV's strat, BB King's Lucille, those are guitars that the artist has an emotional investment in and they're true signature guitars. Worth buying, or worth recreating yourself because you know they mean something to the artist and thus to you as well. Adam's reverso's, those aren't real signature guitars, they're just endorsements. Stuff the artist likes at the moment but which he will drop when something new and shiny comes along.

Sad really, I did like the reverso's. Might build a guitar version myself some day.

The white Warwicks are his new Warwick signature bass. Plus he's got the Sherwood green signature Jazz bass.

Reverso was a great bass. I blasted around with one. When I tech'd for a tribute, their "Adam" got one of e first produced. Yet play and sound great.

The Stryker is cool. Looks to be the one seen I. The NLOTH session photos. But I'd need a closer peak. It's also poss or he had them make him one with passive pickups.

Back
Top Bottom