early edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
what was the first pedal edge ever used?does anyone
know some of the pedals he used during boy?

Edge used a Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal and 2 ElectroHarmonix Memory Man pedals...and probably a few others, but those 2 will probably get you an early-Edge sound

oh yeah and a Vox AC-30 Top Boost Amp :wink:

discothequeLP said:
Edge used a Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal and 2 ElectroHarmonix Memory Man pedals...and probably a few others, but those 2 will probably get you an early-Edge sound

oh yeah and a Vox AC-30 Top Boost Amp :wink:

That's probably quite accurate, edge had that really unique sound

edge uses the memory man in studio, but live he uses Korg delay (a Korg SDD-3000 rack mounted effects unit, to be exact)

Edit: Korg delay is the best. I have a Korg multi-effects pedal, including delay, and the delay sounds so warm and nice. Analog-sounding delay from a digital unit!

Last edited:
I heard a rumor a while back that Edge used his Memory Man in the studio for The Fly and Acrobat.

The album version of these songs definitely sound like the lush slightly fuzzy analog type delay one would get from the Memory man so there may be some truth to this rumor.

discothequeLP said:
edge uses the memory man in studio, but live he uses Korg delay (a Korg SDD-3000 rack mounted effects unit, to be exact)

Actually, most of his live delay is handled by his twin TC Electronic TC2290 digital delays. This is primarily because the Korg's only got 9 spots for programs, and isn't MIDI controllable.

I believe he does use the Korg live for boost, because he likes the sound of the preamp the SDD3000 has in it.

He also uses the Memory Man in live settings in some situations. He's got one rigged in a rackmount system in his rig.

Loar said:

Actually, most of his live delay is handled by his twin TC Electronic TC2290 digital delays. This is primarily because the Korg's only got 9 spots for programs, and isn't MIDI controllable.

I believe he does use the Korg live for boost, because he likes the sound of the preamp the SDD3000 has in it.

He also uses the Memory Man in live settings in some situations. He's got one rigged in a rackmount system in his rig.

well, by golly, you're right! :wink: those tc2290's cost 4x as much as a korg sdd-3000, btw

Orignally posted by SWlondnr

He also uses Korg A3 rack

well, not in the early days, but he started using one since AB and has used it since. wanna get that cool Mysterious Ways or The Fly sound? the korg a3 has a memory card thing (3.5 inch floppy disk) that stores a whole bunch of presets, and edge uses the factory ones! (preset #76 for MWays is the one i can remember off the top of my head)

that being said, i dont have one...yet... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom