Dynacomp or CS-2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffclark42

Babyface
I want to add compression pedal to my setup. I've checked around and it seems edge has used both of these pedals in his career. If want to play mainly concert versions from Zoo TV through the Vertigo tour, is one of these better for covering the bases?

Thanks,

J

The MXR Dynacomp has gotten a lot of use by Edge over the years.

That said, The Edge did use the Boss CS-2 during the ZOO tour era and again during Vertigo.

Both are pretty great. But if you go with the Dynacomp, get an older script logo vintage model. The newer reissues are not as good.

That said, the Boss CS-2 might be the way to go. While no longer made they are still fairly cheap on the 2nd hand market -- eBay and the like.

Avoid the Boss CS-3. It is not so good.

Or alternatively, get a modern Dynacomp or an CS-3, go to monteallums.com and order a mod kit for either pedal, do some soldering and get yourself a killer pedal. The DIY market is full of clones of no longer made killer pedals and it will set you back less then E-bay.

+1 on the MXR dynacomp reissue + monteallums upgrade. It does wonders for the pedal. All you need are some basic soldering skills, and you might learn a thing or two about pedals in the process. It's definitely the best alternative to tracking down a pricey script logo model...

Back
Top Bottom