dressing your guitar..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
ok so what ya got. ive got a red u2 sticker on my red ibanez with a mirror ball like sparkly strap.very glam rock.
and on my fender strat, well only on the starp ive got my three pop pins. and im thinking of u2izing my white warlock.

I dont like putting anything on mine. If I had a beater, I'd put all sorts of stickers on it. I dont, so screw that.

My acoustic guitar is the only one with stickers on it. All over it in fact. The first one I put on it was a "Stop Racism" sticker, then a sticker from the band "Wank". Now I've got a Scottish, British, and Welsh flag, an Apple Pucker lips sticker and other completely random stuff. I don't know why I started putting stuff on it. I guess I just kindof wanted to make it different. Some one made a comment to me at a open mic performance that stickers reduce the ability of the wood on the guitar to vibrate, making the guitar sound dead. I don't know if that's true or not. When I put new strings on it sounds as good as it always has. I'm not a big audiophile anyhow. I figure the soul is in the song more than than anything. I've heard people play beautiful music with crap guitars, and abnoxious crap from thousand dollar guitars, the same goes for great songs on two track demo's and, well, just listen to all those high-priced recordings on major record labels that aren't worth the plastic the cd's are wrapped in.

Um, sorry, major tangent. Anyway, yeah, my guitar is dressed. You can see pictures of it on my website (see link in my sig).

I like the topic heading shaunvox:) you have a white warlock? It took some time , but my son just sold his black BC Rich virgin, always a relief( although he hasn't got all the money just yet)

My old acoustic Fender has never had a sticker on it, but it's case sure has a few.My favourite is a fluro coloured arrow that says, "skate, rap , boogie, recycle till ya drop". My strap is a bit of an heirloom, I don't use it much. It is a thin hand-made ornate leather one. My sister had it made for me for my 14th birthday...crikes it is almost 30 years old....and still going strong:)
My youngest son's electric guitar has no stickers and son2 just has the Hare Krishna blue smile face on his black Gibson copy.
I personally don't like stickers on the actual instrument. Go for your life on the case,festoon it, but you sure are right popkidu2, a bit of road wear and a few( or a lot) of stickers has not stopped some guitars and their players putting out a mighty sound.

Here's a chuckle, my hub has been playing mainly blues since I've known him. I kind of jokingly gave him a gold razor blade pendant back in the thrash/punk days. It hung on his bass for quite some time, I have a chuckle if I catch a glimpse of it in an old photo...it really wasn't his style, I was joking.So was he I suppose:)
ahh guitars

my sunburst fender has a sleater-kinney sticker on the back. my other guitar doesn't have anything. It's miny and new. (And staying that way, ;))

Back
Top Bottom