Does anyone here play more than one instrument? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2002, 08:33 AM   #1
Bad Daddy Johnny

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Does anyone here play more than one instrument?

I've been playing drums for almost 5 years now. Lately I've been considering picking up another instrument or 2. I've thought about the guitar, the piano and the harmonica. Of the 3 I know the least about the harmonica, does anyone here actually play one?

Johnny Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 09:30 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I've played the trumpet since 4th grade...the guitar for almost 3 years...and I'm learning piano since I've come to college, so about 4 or 5 months. I know you buy harmnicas in the key that you want and just wail away....I think you can also buy a chromatic harp but that must be hell to play.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 05:59 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 09:25 AM
I play geetar,harmonica,piano and some Drooms!!

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"
Lemonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:40 PM   #4
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

The only instrument I'm really proficient at is piano (been playing 11 years), but I'm almost decent at guitar . I can do rhythm and fingerpicking - I've yet to try an electric, though.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:25 AM
I can do violin and viola. I ca play piano but it takes me FOREVER to read the music and whatnot, so I'm really bad. I can play a few things on cello too. The cello was learned out of boredom when the orchestra I toured Europe with was marrooned in the Italian Alps for a day and we had NOTHING to do. good times.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

You're a victim of your parents.

Judoooooooo Chop!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 02:03 AM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:25 AM
I can actually play a bit of drums.

Double bass even.
Sicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:31 AM   #7
AM
Refugee

Local Time: 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy:

Double bass even.
really???? I wish I had the money to buy a double bass

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01
AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:00 PM   #8
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:25 AM
I can't play any instruments. I'm just a singer.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #9
Babyface

Local Time: 12:25 AM
I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, harmonica, and I sing. I also write music. I have taught myself how to do all of them, and I must say, I have done quite well. I have recorded a few solo songs of just me playing all of the instruments, they have turned out very well.

lyrictician
lyrictician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 01:35 AM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 04:25 AM

I play the piano, bells (glockenspiel), and various percussion instruments (timpani, wood blocks lol).
senrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:51 AM   #11
Refugee

Dont get me started! I love to brag about what I can play. Here goes:
I play Clarinet (the only instrument I've been taught how to play), Tenor sax, ocarina, guitar, bass guitar, double bass, violin, harmonice, drums, percussion, latin percussion, trumpet, spoons, keyboard, recorder, french horn, tin whistle, but guess what? I cant sing to save my life.
RavenStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 12:56 PM   #12

Local Time: 08:25 AM
I can play the piano for 10 years now...and I've just started to learn how to play the guitar...I can play a bit of harmonica ( I actually can play that part in Desire but inly with the orginal hehe)
Chrissie Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 02:17 PM   #13
The Fly

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, and I can sing. I am my own band.
Lemonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 03:34 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:25 PM
DRUMS!!!! It's all about drums!!!
I play guitar(badly) and sing (OK), my husband plays bass (extremely well) and owns a PA and van, my middle son is playing very good blues guitars these days(he still prefers metal, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) My youngest son has a gift and won't use it.....YET. He has the most beautiful long fingers and picks up a tune on the guitar in an instant.
But what we really need is a drummer (need as in want, to fulfil my dream of a family band....hub's worst nightmare!!! )
So I have a hankering for a drum kit...BAD!!!I have nowhere to set it up and no money to buy it...minor detail
There was a Ludwig kit, blood red, 2nd hand in the newspaper yesterday me want drums.

I think piano/keyboard would be a great instrument to learn JS. So versatile.Hub repairs instruments and equipment for the local high schools(steady work, some kids are born vandals it seems)So I usually have me a little go of whatever crosses his bench. Yamaha clavinova this week, they are nice.

Hub has played with a couple of very talented harmonica/harp players over the years.Great instrument, as long as you can find their off button and they don't overplay( harp plaers seem slightly prone to that)After a show, hub would be still packing up all his huge gear and risking getting a hernia,while the harmonica player would be out the door with his little case of harmonicas and off to a party in no time.
We have an annual east Coast Blues Festival near here. It is becoming a huge event. They now have a harmonica playing contest attached to it. Wild. see ya there some day JS, have fun
cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 09:57 AM   #15
The Fly

i play:
bass guitar (mainly coz i can't play chords!!!)
violin
tin whistle
recorder
clarinet
kindsa piano...not very good
sing
keyboard.....and the list goes on.....i really wanna play harmonica and i have a really nice one but i can't....it's supposed to be quite easy but i can't play it at all...how does that work???
bono_luvva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 02:53 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Piano
Guitar (Acoustic, eletronic)
FallingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 12:56 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Guitar is my love..I will marry my guitar

I can manage on bass
I took drum lessons for a year
I took saxaphone lessons for a long while, but I've mostly forgotten that

my dream is to learn piaon...who will teach me?
Basstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:25 PM
That Ludwig is still in the newspaper for sale, can't afford it

but I talked about it with the family We decided we would all save and buy a much cheaper basic kit as a family Christmas present (that and TTT, wonderful, but no time for fainting today )

as per usual father and son #2, thought right, she's committed to spending $$$, so it will happen and as per usual, they made a decision without me...soooooooooooo
What am I getting a share in? I have no idea. I don't think it sounds near as much fun as a drum kit, maybe I should learn harmonica too....lol, lotsa wind, well not really, not anymore....hmm may be a great idea, lung exercise, may be on to something there.
anyway we get Venue Music catalogues throught the post( damn things) full of temptation. The Zoom PS-02 Digital recorders are half price at the moment, so apparently that is what we are getting...hmmmm, I like my acoustic instruments...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Funny when the drum kit decision was made, it was the younger one who was most likely to get into it, so it was going into his room. I said he doesn't need cupboards and drawers anyway, he rarely puts his clothes away. Mount Washing Tonne in the corner

yes learn an instrument....ohhh I'd like to tell you some didgeridoo news...innovative....later.
cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:02 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
Guitar is my love..I will marry my guitar

Where will be honeymoon then?
FallingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 07:03 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Re: That Ludwig is still in the newspaper for sale, can't afford it

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
but I talked about it with the family We decided we would all save and buy a much cheaper basic kit as a family Christmas present (that and TTT, wonderful, but no time for fainting today )

as per usual father and son #2, thought right, she's committed to spending $$$, so it will happen and as per usual, they made a decision without me...soooooooooooo
What am I getting a share in? I have no idea. I don't think it sounds near as much fun as a drum kit, maybe I should learn harmonica too....lol, lotsa wind, well not really, not anymore....hmm may be a great idea, lung exercise, may be on to something there.
anyway we get Venue Music catalogues throught the post( damn things) full of temptation. The Zoom PS-02 Digital recorders are half price at the moment, so apparently that is what we are getting...hmmmm, I like my acoustic instruments...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Funny when the drum kit decision was made, it was the younger one who was most likely to get into it, so it was going into his room. I said he doesn't need cupboards and drawers anyway, he rarely puts his clothes away. Mount Washing Tonne in the corner

yes learn an instrument....ohhh I'd like to tell you some didgeridoo news...innovative....later.
Ludwig is cool, but try Gretsch too.

I play piano, keys, program computers and samplers, rap sometimes and did a little of saxophone. I am the bongo man, too.

hiphop is offline   Reply With Quote