Distortion Pedal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
I'm looking to buy a distortion pedal. Ive had one of the Digitech pedals that you can pretty much do anything with but its way to hard to get the sound you want. What is a good distortion pedal to get?

Boss SD-1 is always a good choice (Edge used one in the 80s), and you can use that Digitech as an equalizer to clean out the sound. If you wanna go really big, though (budget-wise, too), check out the Ibanes TS-9, the one Edge used on Elevation for songs like Bullet and The Fly.

For more info, and more pedals, check out the U2 Sound Archive:

http://www.u2sound.com/instruments_4.html

The old Ibanez Ts-9's (tube screamer) pedals are almost impossible to come by..and if your lucky to come across one it's sure to carry a hefty price tag...I'll go with the Boss Sd-1 it's an awesome pedal ,very versitile!

the re-issue ts-9 is nice.
but if you really want an unbelievable rocking experience you can take your ts-9 and change the specs to the oridginal 808, if you can find them.
its pretty nice

i have an overdrive pedel, called...now don't laugh....

pastrami by danelectro.

i got it cuz Guitar Player magazine gave it an editors pick award, but i can't help but feel like it sucks compared to what you guys are talking about. maybe cuz it doesn't have an numbers in the name. anyways, what's you opinion on this thing if you've heard on it. it is only for beginners really? it only has 2 dials on it (level, overdrive)

SD-1
BD-2 (You have an epi les paul right? You can get some cool tones with this combo)
Big Muff
Modded TS9
OD-2
Ampeg Scrambler

marik said:
no one has an opinion on my PASTRAMI!!!

yeah, it's crap ;)

I think all the danelectro stuff is complete shit, but you know what, it doesn't matter what I think about it. If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. It all comes down to you finding a sound you like.

OffAxis said:

yeah, it's crap ;)

I think all the danelectro stuff is complete shit, but you know what, it doesn't matter what I think about it. If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. It all comes down to you finding a sound you like.

I dunno about the pedals but I really dig my 56-U2 reissue. Been with me since 1998. Only guitar that has taken its place is my Tele.

:)

Back
Top Bottom