Digitech RP200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got this pedal and would love to trade settings. Although I really don't have many. I do have a couple questions about it though. axisrage2000 at yahoo dot com

yeah i have it too and am in the same boat as offaxis :wink:

it would be awesome if we could come up with a bunch of settings that sounds like what the edge uses for various u2 songs...

Sounds good to me. I won't be able to test anything out for a few more days. Just bought a new electric guitar and my old one is in Indiana (I'm in California) so unless I'm going to figure out patches using my acoustic... :)

We should each take a couple of songs and see what we can do with them.

i will put some settings that i have made up on here when i get back from denver....monday or tuesday....you can tell me what you think then.

This is a very cool idea. :drool: I'm shit at making them, so to hear some alternate settings from others would be great.

I have this one but this line from Digitech is terrible. The pedal that you use for whammy and wah died on me more than a year ago.

If you 'don't already own these don't buy one. They're not built to last. :sad:

BrownEyedBoy said:
The pedal that you use for whammy and wah died on me more than a year ago.

Did you try resetting the expression pedal?

mkdominatr said:
i will put some settings that i have made up on here when i get back from denver....monday or tuesday....you can tell me what you think then.

to update: i will get some settings on here sooner or later.. ive been very busy between denver, and now have prom this week and some projects due....

Here's a couple to get everyone started...please let me know what you think...feel free to tweak it to better it, and ket me know what you do to make it that way...If i dont list a setting then it's off. choose your own level or volumes

Pride
Tweed Gain 64
Bass -1 mid -9 treb -4
Dark 1 gate off
delay anlg 5 420 ms fbk 18

Electric Co.
Compressor Fast amt 20 gain 6
Rectify gain 7
bass 6 treb -3 mid 6
brit 1 silencer thr 10
chorus amt 55 lvl 10
delay: anlg 4 260 ms fbk 17
reverb: hall dcy 60 lvl 35

All Because of You (Distorted Guitar)
Compressor Fast amt 20 gain 6
rectify gain 0
bass 12 treb 12 mid 6
brit 1 silencer thr 10
chorus amt 55 lvl 10
reverb hall dcy 58 lvl 10

Vertigo
Stack gain 34
bass 3 mid -4 treb 5
cab off silencer 27
reverb room lvl 29 dcy 1

streets (spent a while on this one a while back)
Compressor slow amt 12 gain 6
tweed gain 60
bass 4 treb 4 mid -2
cab off swell 3 thr 1
delay mono 5 360 ms (not exactly sure what it is, just sounded ok) fbk 42

Zoo station ( i also use this with slightly less gain and delay for New Years day)
Comp fast amt 20 gain 6
rectify gain 56
bass 12 mid 6 treb -3
brit 1 silencer thr 10
chorus lvl 10 amt 55
mono 3 360 ms fbk 48
hall reverb dcy 60 lvl 35
expression dlay level min 0 max 100

Bad
clean 1 gain 60
bass 1 treb 2 mid 6
pong 9 420 ms fbk 36

those are some of what i have
please let me know what you think after trying them and post any modifications.
remember to set your own volumes.

on some of this presets with rectify amp setting there is a lot of feedback for me, however when i use my wireless pack it cuts out all feedback, i guess an equalizer would work to if you run into that problem.. HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for posting those. I should finally have some time on Saturday to mess around with it a post mine. I just can't stop playing my new Les Paul enough to actually come up with new settings.

mkdominatr said:
Les Paul:drool: :up: ive have an epiphone 56 goldtop

Ooooh, that's one of my favorite guitars! Do you have the one with the silver covered humbuckers with the vitange humbucker?

I've got the black Ep. Les Paul Custom with gold hardware. Just got it last week!!!

Also have messed around with the pick-up simulator on the RP2000? I only have the Les Paul, so I can't get that single coil sound.

mkdominatr said:
streets (spent a while on this one a while back)
Compressor slow amt 12 gain 6
tweed gain 60
bass 4 treb 4 mid -2
cab off swell 3 thr 1
delay mono 5 360 ms (not exactly sure what it is, just sounded ok) fbk 42

:drool: AWESOME!!!

for streets try changing the delay to analog 9 instead of mono 5.

i have the rp200 and i know a few good effects. here's one for I Will Follow / 11 O'Clock Tick tock

Pickup: Humbucker
Amp: Clean 1, gain 99
EQ: Bass -8, Mid 0, High 8
Delay: Analog 9 220 ms feedbak 50

turn on a distortion pedal (Boss SD-1 is the best) and you're set

OffAxis said:

Ooooh, that's one of my favorite guitars! Do you have the one with the silver covered humbuckers with the vitange humbucker?

I've got the black Ep. Les Paul Custom with gold hardware. Just got it last week!!!

its the epiphone, still very nice...i think it has the P-90s..

Good stuff, mkdominatr! :up: I really like your Electric Co. settings.

mkdominatr said:
does anyone have a good one for Bad?

I haven't messed with the amp settings yet for this, but I think I figured out the delay. I watched a bootleg video of Zoo TV D.C. and I actually figured out when he hits that high E in the first part of the riff. He actually only picks it once and the second time is an echo. Maybe this was common knowledge and I'm an idiot, but this was huge for me b/c I could never get it just right. So I went to the old RP2000 to see what I could figure out. Here's the delay setting I used...

Mono
420 ms
Dly Level - 99
Feedback - 7

Using the mono it gives only the one repeat (instead of the analog multiple fading repeats). The 99 delay level gives it. I haven't messed with the timing yet to dial it down. The 420 ms sounded right to me, but I didn't compare it to the cd.

OffAxis said:

Using the mono it gives only the one repeat (instead of the analog multiple fading repeats). The 99 delay level gives it. I haven't messed with the timing yet to dial it down. The 420 ms sounded right to me, but I didn't compare it to the cd.

the album version of Bad has more than one repeat on the delay, and the delay is alot slower than 420, almost 460. Live, i think the delay time is around 430.

discothequeLP said:

the album version of Bad has more than one repeat on the delay, and the delay is alot slower than 420, almost 460. Live, i think the delay time is around 430.

I was basing all of my stuff on live, but I just listened to the album version and only heard one repeat.

BAD MS

Hello Guys,

For the Version's. ZOO TV, POP and Elevation Tour's is used 440 ms with 02 repeats.

Here is the delay times for some u2 songs

Beautiful Day - 420 Ms
Bad - 440 Ms
ISHFWILF - 460 Ms
AIWIY - 460 Ms
SYCMOYO - 470 Ms
WTSHNN - 360 Ms

Cheers,

André Lay

mkdominatr said:
anyone have pride?

I spent some time on this last night. Granted this is with my RP2000 not 200. There is probably a preset called triplet, I think it's almost on every digitech processor. Go to that preset and work from there. Add some compression, like what you had for Streets. Turn on the the Chorus to a dept of 11 and delay of about 2, set to PRE. Have the delay set at 430 ms, Mono. You can leave the feedback, and turn up the delay level a pinch. Dial in the reverb that you like and bingo. I'll try to post more at home tonight when I can give exact settings. I think the Amp setting is pretty good, but I'm also playing it with an Epi Les Paul so there is a little gain to begin with. I think the amp setting is the simulation for a Vox AC 30 with medium gain.

jesolfisburg said:
This is great help for a novice who is crap at settings!! Anyone have settings for Out of Control from Slane Castle?

I did one AGES ago. It's probably not very good, because I'm not too great at settings myself. And since I've gone and fucked up my DVD, I can't even go back and modify the settings. Give it a whirl, though, you never know.

Compressor: FAST / AMT 1 / GAIN 0
Amp Model: HIGAIN / GAIN 75 / LVL 50
Equalizer: BASS -12 / MID -2 / TREB 12
Delay: ANLG 6 / 430 MS / FBK 24

There's more on my site, if you're interested: http://www.flickerandfade.org/?faf=effects

Oh, and you may have to adjust your actual amplifier settings a little to get a better sound. I don't particularly like the gain on the RP-200, so I usually mix in a bit of gain from my amplifier (an Epiphone Regent 50-R) as well. I set the knob to just below 2. I also crank the treble all the way up on my amp, because I like a crisper sound.

Back
Top Bottom