Digitech RP200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

Sorry chizip, completely forgot about that^i'll try and get to it...anyone have UTEOTW by chance or any other new ones?

Yeah, I have a really REALLY close Mysterious Ways using the RP200A, but the problem is that you also need a pedal which can do a flanger. It sounds OK without the flanger, but it sounds almost perfect with it.
Amp model: Stack, gain 30 level 60
Effect: Synthtalk, Vox 9, sens 75-79 (decide for yourself, it depends on your guitar) 30,
And finally, EQ: Bass 9, Mid -1, Treb 0 (again, this depends on your guitar, mess around with it to make it sound better).

Like I said, the only catch is that you also need a flanger. The flanger has to go after the RP but before your AMP. I would suggest using a lot of reverb as well. Some will tell you that live Mysterious Ways has delay, I personally don't use it as I can't actually hear it in the song except during the intro...

When you have your flanger, use tap to get the tempo, you want it basically going fully up and fully down twice in each bar. Intensity shouldn't be set too high but this is just an opinion, and feedback really depends on how it's measured. You want it about 3/4s of the way up.

Enjoy!

I have a few U2 settings in mine, they are somewhat close, but definitely not perfect. I'll write 'em down and share them with you guys.
I have one for The Fly, Mysterious Ways, AIWIY, and one I just call "Joshua" that I use for Bad, Streets, and With or Without You. Also, my Zooropa setting is pretty dead-on. I'll have to take some time to write 'em down.

nice :drool: I have an alpine white epi les paul custom with gold harware :D How much is this, and does it dound just as good or even better than buying the things seperatly...for example, can you get the same quality sound that you can in an Ibanez Tube Screamer? If you can, I'm sold :D

Here we go:
Part 1:

Zooropa

Hum->SC, FullRng, Pos 13
HighGain, Gain 75
Bass 8, Mid -6, Treb -2
Brit 2, Silncr, Thr 10
Phaser, Amt 31, Lvl 93
Angl 6, 370 ms, Fbk 26
Church, Dcy 60, Lvl 35

and I think the pedal is set to Wah, so you might want to mess around with that a little.

hatrickpatrick said:
Yeah, I have a really REALLY close Mysterious Ways using the RP200A, but the problem is that you also need a pedal which can do a flanger. It sounds OK without the flanger, but it sounds almost perfect with it.
Amp model: Stack, gain 30 level 60
Effect: Synthtalk, Vox 9, sens 75-79 (decide for yourself, it depends on your guitar) 30,
And finally, EQ: Bass 9, Mid -1, Treb 0 (again, this depends on your guitar, mess around with it to make it sound better).

Like I said, the only catch is that you also need a flanger. The flanger has to go after the RP but before your AMP. I would suggest using a lot of reverb as well. Some will tell you that live Mysterious Ways has delay, I personally don't use it as I can't actually hear it in the song except during the intro...

When you have your flanger, use tap to get the tempo, you want it basically going fully up and fully down twice in each bar. Intensity shouldn't be set too high but this is just an opinion, and feedback really depends on how it's measured. You want it about 3/4s of the way up.

Enjoy!

THANKS! Although I use a BP200 (From my brother, who's a bass guitar player) I set what I could set using this and it sounded awesome! I want to recommend this one to everybody wanting to create a good sound for MW!

Rich79 said:
Here we go:
Part 1:

Zooropa

Hum->SC, FullRng, Pos 13
HighGain, Gain 75
Bass 8, Mid -6, Treb -2
Brit 2, Silncr, Thr 10
Phaser, Amt 31, Lvl 93
Angl 6, 370 ms, Fbk 26
Church, Dcy 60, Lvl 35

and I think the pedal is set to Wah, so you might want to mess around with that a little.

:wave: I'm not even going to mess w/ a Digitech. Please; I only use effects constructed of pure gold, with wiring made of the Edge's hair. :wink: Wait, he's bald. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom