Delay for U2 tones? There are many that are great...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Another potentially useful delay for U2 tones?

How about the Love Pedal ECHOPHONIC V2 w/FET pre-amp

Lovepedal ECHOPHONIC V2 - YouTube

- Up to 7--ms analog voiced delay
- Dry/Wet, Time, Volume, Repeats and Modulation controls
- Analog FET preAmp
- True Bypass

Analog delay, with modulation and with FET pre-AMP. Seems like it'd be great for both David Gilmour & Edge tones.

FET amp would be similar to the pre-amp in the SDD-3000. Plus having modulation. Seems like one to check out. And it's pretty affordable too!

Could be cool. Can't see anything unthroning my Timeline anytime soon, though.

The point of the post was not that this particular delay is the best and/or only answer to what one might want out of an Edge-worthy delay.

The Timeline is a great delay. So are many of the delays that I have brought up over the past few months.

What the Timeline doesn't have is the Korg-like pre-amp. The Lovepedal does. That was the point.

The other point being, if one is using pedals verses rack/programmable effects - It is more versatile to use more than one delay.

Presently, I am using the TC ELECTRONICS Flashback x4 and MALEKKO Ekko 616. Between the two, there is a lot of flexibility. And one can run double delays (as Edge does).

The Malekko is EH DMM-like, in that the modulation has better flexibility than most other delay pedals. You have 'chorus' and 'vibrato'. (Edge used 'Vibrato').

So if you are happy with the Strymon Timeline and it serves any and all delay needs - solid. Nothing bad there. But the point of my posts on various delays is to show that there are constantly new and upgraded models that are very useful for Edge-tones. One doesn't have to spend $2000 on an AxeFX or more than that for a TC 2290 or Korg A3 to get convincing Edge delay-tones. There are alternates. And those alternates can be mixed and matched to great effect.

The point of the post was not that this particular delay is the best and/or only answer to what one might want out of an Edge-worthy delay.

The Timeline is a great delay. So are many of the delays that I have brought up over the past few months.

What the Timeline doesn't have is the Korg-like pre-amp. The Lovepedal does. That was the point.

The Timeline does have a boost function that acts a pre-amp.

The other point being, if one is using pedals verses rack/programmable effects - It is more versatile to use more than one delay.

Presently, I am using the TC ELECTRONICS Flashback x4 and MALEKKO Ekko 616. Between the two, there is a lot of flexibility. And one can run double delays (as Edge does).

The Timeline does double delay. It also has 100 presets, so I don't know how two one-trick ponies are more versatile.

So if you are happy with the Strymon Timeline and it serves any and all delay needs - solid. Nothing bad there. But the point of my posts on various delays is to show that there are constantly new and upgraded models that are very useful for Edge-tones. One doesn't have to spend $2000 on an AxeFX or more than that for a TC 2290 or Korg A3 to get convincing Edge delay-tones. There are alternates. And those alternates can be mixed and matched to great effect.

Right. And I can pretty much have my Timeline emulate any delay out there very well. :wave: To each their own, of course, but for the money, the Timeline is the absolute best delay out there currently, and much more cost efficient and usable in a live setting than two one-trick ponies that mean you're playing out of time with your drummer (unless you've got one of the few and far between drummers who will play to a click live OR you only play to pre-recorded music).

Thanks EO'
I get you are trying to pass out info on new pedals and that's great' the pedal seems an excellent choice for a quick and easy solution (delay+mod+fet) definitely gonna look into this' once again thanks for the heads up' some of us really appreciate your time and effort' Cheers E.O
Chris
England

Cracks me up how you seem to have the need to contradict any every post I make. Humorous.

In other news…

Well, when you make posts that seem like you're a sales rep for the company, I can't help but be skeptical. I mean, you mention that these "seem" to do this or "would" do that. Have you even played most of these pedals you're pimping? Or are you just going by internet demo videos?

Humourous.

In other news...

One can buy the same exact things that Edge has and not sound like him. One can buy alternate items, work at building the tones and get close to - if not exact - Edge tone.

That is the point of my posts about alternative ideas for obtaining Edge tones.

I have never told anyone to 'buy this' and it guarantees Edge tones. This is why one uses the phrasing that 'it seems/or appears' to get one close to (if not exactly) to useable Edge-tones.

Nothing is definitive. But there are those things that lead one to believe that it would be useful to obtain these sounds.

My hypothesis regarding the gear are based on both a variety of video/audio evidence as well as (in most cases) actually trying the gear myself.

If you don't like the information, no one says you have to ditch your pedals for those I speak of. But you don't have to be so negative in your responses either.

If your delay works for you, fantastic. You've found what works for you.

What I try to do is find other items that are useful, viable options (sometimes cheaper) available to get these tones we like.

And your last response (Tourist) shows your unnecessary penchant for argument and sarcasm. No need for that.

Alright, well in the future I'll just let your ads for middling quality pedals on a U2 fan site that is slowly dying go without reply then, since you can't seem to take criticism. And they really are just ads until you post an actual hands-on review.

What's wrong with suggesting and reviewing new pieces of gear? E_O has been very helpful with his reviews and analysis of the Edge's tones and this is another example of him helping others who might be on the fence about buying a new piece of gear or beginners who are just getting started and want some advice about what to buy. So you think the Timeline is superior, big whoop. He's just suggesting something else that might work for other people. Calm down.

What's wrong with suggesting and reviewing new pieces of gear? E_O has been very helpful with his reviews and analysis of the Edge's tones and this is another example of him helping others who might be on the fence about buying a new piece of gear or beginners who are just getting started and want some advice about what to buy. So you think the Timeline is superior, big whoop. He's just suggesting something else that might work for other people. Calm down.

First: he's not reviewing anything. He's pretty much posting an ad and saying it "might" get Edge tones. I asked if he's played the things he posts, he said some. That dodging leads me to believe that he hasn't played this one.

Therefore, this is an advertisement and not a review.

Therefore, there is no analysis. Go read the original post. Where is this analysis you speak of? Please copy and paste it for me. Or take a screen shot. Good luck though, because it doesn't exist.

I mean, this thread could easily be a template for any and every delay pedal in existence:

Try any delay pedal that has ever been invented!

You don't have to like or agree to a post. Yet you constantly slack anything I post or say? WTF?

There is no need for behavior like that. I am sure the site owner would agree.

Not everyone can find or afford the exact items that Edge uses. When I find things that I feel could be of interest I share with fellow Edge fans.

I know that my post have been welcome and useful for a number of people. This is evidenced by the majority of folks that have contributed to the various threads that I have shared information.

So if they aren't of interest to you, simply don't read my posts.

There is never a good reason to be a jerk. So you should stop trying to invent a reason to do so.

First: he's not reviewing anything. He's pretty much posting an ad and saying it "might" get Edge tones. I asked if he's played the things he posts, he said some. That dodging leads me to believe that he hasn't played this one.

Therefore, this is an advertisement and not a review.

Therefore, there is no analysis. Go read the original post. Where is this analysis you speak of? Please copy and paste it for me. Or take a screen shot. Good luck though, because it doesn't exist.

I mean, this thread could easily be a template for any and every delay pedal in existence:

Try any delay pedal that has ever been invented!

I know that my post have been welcome and useful for a number of people. This is evidenced by the majority of folks that have contributed to the various threads that I have shared information.

Do you mean all of the responses you've gotten in the advertisement threads you've posted semi-recently?

Like this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/edge-worthy-pickup-replacements-215623.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-129-99-youll-ever-spend-could-be-215864.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/edge-moog-and-the-new-minifooger-pedals-216092.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/another-edge-worthy-effects-unit-to-check-out-216190.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/mod-delay-for-u2-stuff-try-the-malekko-616-a-215181.html

Not a single shred of "evidence" (posts from other users) so far! [Though my guess is someone will post in there now to counter that]

Or how about this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/analog-delay-with-mod-way-huge-echo-puss-214522.html

:lol:

The only threads I'm really seeing any evidence of people finding your threads useful are in two kinds: Posting what the Edge is using at certain shows, or threads that merit some sort of discussion. The rest just seems like spam. Just like the people in the FYM subsection posting a link to a news article with none of their own thoughts attached.

If you don't like my posts don't read them/don't comment on them.

There is no reason for you to be so combative.

Others have thanked me for my input in matters of U2 songs, related gear… If you don't care to read my posts, don't. But your incessant complaining isn't going to stop me from being friendly to other Edge fans and sharing ideas that I might come across - regarding gear or otherwise.

Your life must really suck to be so negative and such an unnecessary pain to others.

Do you mean all of the responses you've gotten in the advertisement threads you've posted semi-recently?

Like this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/edge-worthy-pickup-replacements-215623.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-129-99-youll-ever-spend-could-be-215864.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/edge-moog-and-the-new-minifooger-pedals-216092.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/another-edge-worthy-effects-unit-to-check-out-216190.html

Or this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/mod-delay-for-u2-stuff-try-the-malekko-616-a-215181.html

Not a single shred of "evidence" (posts from other users) so far! [Though my guess is someone will post in there now to counter that]

Or how about this one:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f197/analog-delay-with-mod-way-huge-echo-puss-214522.html

:lol:

The only threads I'm really seeing any evidence of people finding your threads useful are in two kinds: Posting what the Edge is using at certain shows, or threads that merit some sort of discussion. The rest just seems like spam. Just like the people in the FYM subsection posting a link to a news article with none of their own thoughts attached.

Yeah okay. I'll just go back to thegearpage where people actually play and review stuff they post about. Anyway, calling something Edge worthy is incredibly ridiculous when I can get exact Edge tones if I feel like it out of a 6L6 or 6V6 amp, an EL84 or EL34 amp, with 12ax7 5751, or 12ay7 preamp tubes, solid state, GZ34, or 5Y3 rectifier. It is literally all in the hands. Any overdrive or delay will get you there. Anyway, maybe you should actually write a review. As it is, you're getting all high and mighty and butthurt because I called you out on spamming the forum with advertisements. Write a darn review and actually be helpful. Don't just be a relay point. There are dozens of places that already do that. It's tired and old and insulting to people who actually care about gear more than the casual hobbyist.

Tourist:

If you don't like my posts, don't read them or reply to them.

And you certainly don't need to reply with your negative responses.

I do hope that the moderators read your messages and consider banning you from Interference.

No one needs or appreciates your bad attitude.

I appreciate any and all posts regarding gear. If a new pedal emulates/simulates gear that the edge uses, or even if it doesn't, what's the harm? It's not like EO is highlighting crap pedals. Most of the stuff he posts is not "middling quality" unless your idea of a basic rig is outrageous. Lots of beginners have come in here and gotten feedback to help them get Edge tones.

And tourist, if you can get those tones with any amp, post some videos of yourself doing so. Otherwise head back to thegearpages where you can post freely among the elite.

Back
Top Bottom