Dealing with different pickup outputs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
Hey guys/girls!

I've got quite a few guitars now from across a number of brands, and they all have different pickup outputs.

The quietest is my Fender Mustang which is super quiet and the loudest is my Gibson LP Goldtop 67VOS, with Tele's, Strats, Gretsches and my Ric 330/12 comming somewhere between those two extremes.

The problem is that i cant just turn up the volume on my amp because when i do that, my distortions become TOO LOUD. So we then go from my cleans being to quiet to my dist being way too loud. Being a user of quite a few distortion pedals, i dont want to reset the levels on each pedal every time i change guitars.

Are there any soloutions to this out there? (there's gotta be, considering the fact that there are many guitarist who run so much different gear together)

Thanks in advance
Chris

i've been finding that the booster option doesnt really work for some reason.

EO, help!!!!!!

How about another Amp set for the higher output guitars?
compression at the start of your chain may help out too
but you will still have a slighty louder output overall with
the humbucker guitars.

i use a strat then if im using my Yamaha p90 type guitar
i back the amp master volume off a bit.am not really a loud
player so through years of playing i know were my level spot
is.it can be a tricky one especially if your running loads of
effects.do you have a distortion set up for rythum and one
for leads? i use two together my sd-1 infront of my muff clone
for my leads and just back of the gain if its the humbucker
guitar..

i've been finding that the booster option doesnt really work for some reason.

EO, help!!!!!!
i think you should make different proves. i have some boosters and different combination make such beautiful sounds. or the position before or after an overdrive.
now i am using with my new les paul a combination of boost and boss eq and it sounds like a different overdrive, something clean dirty sound. i do not know how to explain.

Edge and Dallas set the effects for specific guitars and their outputs.

This is harder and a bit more of a pain in the arse if you are using stompboxes only or if you do not have a controller to program in setting for each part (intro, verse, chorus... etc) of each song.

Mustang single coils are weaker than your LP's humbuckers. Edge begain using the Boss FA-1 in the early days to boost the weaker Strat pickups. He uses a number of boosts today. Boss FA-1, Durham Sex Drive,Skrydstrup "Bufferooster" pedal.

Also... The Boss GE-7 EQ can boost your signal... one could also use an extra OD pedal, using it's volume for boost but dialing down the 'dirt'. I've done that with the weaker pickups in my Danelectro DC-59 (Using a Lovetone Brown Source & and other times, a Boss SD-1). A buddy of mine does that with a TS-9. (Although ideally, a clean boost might be the best choice)

but i'm finding that when i use a clean boost, its also boosting my dist/od and then they are too fucking loud :(

but i'm finding that when i use a clean boost, its also boosting my dist/od and then they are too fucking loud :(

First adjust the boost to give your clean signal what you need. Then adjust your OD / Dist to fit.

Again, this means that you will have to readjust the OD / Dist for the Les Paul.

Or, ideally one can program 4-6 different sets of effects per song into most controllers. To play live, that is ultimately the way to go... unless you write down/remember your settings per guitar and can change them quickly (or have a "Dallas" do them for you between songs).

can you actually save multiple different sets of effects with analog pedals when using a controller?

what controllers would you recommend eo? ones that one bust the bank lol

Back
Top Bottom