Contender for Edge Delay pedal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It all depends on if it's actually true bypass. Their pedals generally aren't. Then there's the fact that in my experience with TC pedals, they digitize the dry signal, which colors the initial note's tone. Strymon keeps it analog and only digitizes the delayed sound.

However, I haven't used it. I just tend to stay away from TC after being wildly unimpressed with the Nova Delay and Nova Reverb.

It all depends on if it's actually true bypass. Their pedals generally aren't. Then there's the fact that in my experience with TC pedals, they digitize the dry signal, which colors the initial note's tone. Strymon keeps it analog and only digitizes the delayed sound.

However, I haven't used it. I just tend to stay away from TC after being wildly unimpressed with the Nova Delay and Nova Reverb.

Edge's EH Deluxe Memory Man coloured the original tone some too. But sometimes, that is part of the charm.

But as one might not judge Ford Motor company by the Pinto, one might not judge TC Electronics tone print like by their Nova line. Just a thought.

Having played the TC Electronics 'Flashback' and 'Alter Ego', I do think that The TC Electronics Tone Print pedals have a lot to offer. One need go as far as the ProGuitarShop.com videos of Andy testing out various pedals in the line to see their potential.

There is the added bonus that the TC Electronics Tone Print pedals are a bit more affordable and easier to find/buy than the Strymon pedals. That isn't to so that Strymon doesn't make great effects - I think they make some of the best out there. But I also think that the TC Electronics Tone Print pedals are great and have the added function of being to download settings (hence Tone Print).

Anywho...

Probably the best non-Strymon delay is gonna be by Diamond or the JHS rip off of Diamond as those are 100% analog. Anyway, the whole "color your tone" comment is meant for players who have found their sound and just want to add delay to it. They will be disappointed by the coloration as I was. TC is better than Boss and whatnot, sure, but I wouldn't say it's even close to Strymon. It's probably more on par with the DL4. And yes, I've watched the TC PGS videos.

Probably the best non-Strymon delay is gonna be by Diamond or the JHS rip off of Diamond as those are 100% analog. Anyway, the whole "color your tone" comment is meant for players who have found their sound and just want to add delay to it. They will be disappointed by the coloration as I was. TC is better than Boss and whatnot, sure, but I wouldn't say it's even close to Strymon. It's probably more on par with the DL4. And yes, I've watched the TC PGS videos.

Have you tried a Flashback x 4? Or are your comments based on the Nova Delay?

Have you tried a Flashback x 4? Or are your comments based on the Nova Delay?

I've never tried the Flashback. Friends of mine have. They didn't like it. For the same reason I didn't like the Nova. For the same reason I've yet to come across a TC pedal that I like. :shrug:

hello! Do you know yamaha ud-stomp modulation delay? I have one of this delay pedal and i find it fantastic.... very cool sound, nearest korg sdd-3000 ( before i had an sdd-3000 ) with a pinch of tc-2290 definition. It has 3 indipendent switch plus one for stop delay and change bank, you can mix more delays until 8, you can add a little boost or slapback at the delay you can choose and you can use this pedal for controlling trought other functiones for example a line6 M13 or M9 like i make with my pedalboard and at the same time have one or more delays in serial or parallel with line 6

Back
Top Bottom